Monday, February 4, 2008

"Today is February 4th...Your Birthday!"

This is a post in honor of Rhett!!!!!! He is 3 today and I can't believe how time flies! Here is Rhett almost 2 months before his birthday. Yes, I grew even bigger...
Here is our big boy before I met him! The nurses were nice enough to take some pictures. Without telling the whole birth story, I'll just say...the meds didn't work, so they put me to sleep and because I was asleep Dan couldn't be there either. We waited to find out the sex of the baby, so when Dan met Rhett, before me, he told the nurse not to tell him the sex until I woke up. We both had a hunch he would be a boy though...
We couldn't believe how big he was!
Because Rhett was basically born a 2 month old he could hold his head up in the hospital. Here is my favorite baby picture of him when he was really 2 months old.
Here is a picture of our first family adventure. We took Rhett to the east coast when he was 6 months old. We visited New York, Maine, Boston, and Washington D.C. We drove a ton and took Rhett around all hours of the night. We learned that the subway wasn't very stroller friendly, but we figured it out. He was amazing! Here he is in Times Square. I think about how easygoing Rhett is on trips while we start thinking about our next huge family adventure. I have no worries that Rhett will do great in Ethiopia!
Now here is our big boy "helping" me make the cupcakes. He was in charge of the sprinkles!
Without sounding totally cliché...it goes by so fast!

6 comments:

sarah said...

Awwww! What a cute post! Rhett has grown into such a sweet and friendly boy.

Dad-Gramps said...

I forgot how freakish you looked carrying that bundle of joy. . ! I love the time square picture, it just looks like he belongs there. It's funny how you can see every bit of Rhett's personality now in everyone of those earlier pictures. He is a kick! Loved the flash back. Love ME

kathy said...

happy birthday, Rhett! Wow, Autumn you had one big belly...I can hardly believe that you still had 2 months to go!

Anonymous said...

Tell Rhett Happy Birthday for us! We need to get the boys together so they can dance around in their rainboots together! (Parkers new favorite thing to do)

-Melissa, Matt, and Parker

Stacie said...

Seriously - he is so cute! I love that picture from when he was 2 months old! Happy Birthday Rhett!

LISA said...

Cute baby pics!!!!and,uh,ya, you had a big ol' belly!!!