Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dossier Watch...And the Love of a Big Brother

Our Dossier is officially on it's way to St. Louis. I'm hopeful, but will be ecstatic when we hear at the end of the week that it is ok to send to Ethiopia. Please, please, please be ok...
Here is Rhett during our "orange juice party."

Rhett is getting excited to be a big brother. I think he is going to be the best big brother a little girl could ever have. Here are a few ways Rhett is thinking about being a big brother...

To a Goodwill employee, "My baby sister is in Ethiopia."

Today, Rhett came to me and said, "When I'm holding my baby sister I will sit on the little white chair and cuddle her."

In the car Rhett announced, "When my baby sister is sleeping I will check on her." This was especially sweet, because I "check" on Rhett when he is in bed at night before he falls asleep. I believe it is a special thing and that it makes him feel safe.

Out of the blue Rhett said, "I will hug my baby sister, so she won't cry."

When Rhett found a small toy on the ground he said, "I need to put this on the table, so my baby sister doesn't put it in her mouth."

4 comments:

LISA said...

AUTUMN....YOUV'E BEEN TAGGED!!

Christi said...

That is so sweet. I wish I would have written down some of the things Max said before Milo was here because it would be fun to tell him someday. It's so awesome that he gets it.

Stacie said...

What a sweetie.

dad-gramps said...

Sounds like perfect timing for him. What a family adventure picking up his baby sister will be. Again. . . WOW! Love Me