Sunday, June 1, 2008

"Baby Sister" Update

Because I can't do a post without a picture...I just framed this old picture of Rhett.
So, I thought it was time for a little update. We are almost to the possible halfway point of the big wait. The average wait with our agency for a baby girl is around four months. I put very strong emphasis on the words "possible" and "average" when it comes to the big wait. We have prepared ourselves for a much longer wait. We are completely at peace with the big wait. And we are currently coming to peace with the court closure. For those of you who may not know, Ethiopian courts close for up to two months every year. Some of the reasons I have heard for the closure are rainy season, time to train new Judges, reorganization....


We will most likely get our referral during this court closure or just before which will delay "baby sister's" homecoming by about three months. The reality is that we may not be able to bring "baby sister" home until December or maybe even next year. It is a very sad realization, but we have had a lot of practice in patience throughout this process. Ask me again how patient I am after we know who are daughter is and we know she is waiting for us in an orphanage. I'm sure this will be the hardest part of the whole process.


As Rhett said to the congregation in church last week, "God, give us peace."

5 comments:

riggity said...

did rhett actually get to do that outload in a church congregation? that's awesome. rhett is a bit fearless it seems.

Mama Papaya said...

This process is hard on the heart Mama. May peace find you...and your daughter find you shortly thereafter.

Grammy said...

It was so fun to get updated on your blog. Now that school is out I had time to enjoy it. I love the kids eating at the picnic table. Did they cook their dinner in the new kitchen? Although waiting is hard, you sure make the most of every minute together. What a great story to be part of:))

dad-gramps said...

I always loved pictures of you guys from behind growing up. One of my favorites of you is from behind as you leaned on a big present just looking at Grandma's decorated Christmas tree. You were around five years old, you more then likely know the picture I'm talking about. With peace in our hearts, time always finds us in the right place. . . As in that picture you are right where you are in this process, being anxious and worried only "pretends to be necessary". This beautiful gift is coming to us at the right time. . . as each moment does. You are doing good as each step takes you closer, keep enjoying the journey. . . Time for a hug, hold that thought. Love Dad

I need to hear about Rhett's message to the congregation. . .

lori lls said...

I am anxiously/peacefully waiting with you for baby sister!

"God, give us peace." How great. That seems to just be the kind of kid Rhett is.