Thursday, June 5, 2008

Shaving Cream, Flubber, and Goo

Rhett is a very sensory boy. He tells everyone that the preschool he will start in the fall has three "touch tables." He loves flubber! You can tell by the hair that these pictures were not all taken in a day.

Shaving cream...
Goo or Oblic is made with cornstarch and water. Hours of fun...
Believe it or not, but there is very little clean up from this goo. It literally turns into dust when it dries.

Knitting project #2 complete. A Vintage Pixie Cap for "baby sister" or the gift box for a future baby of our friends.
By the way, this was nice.......
How did I get Rhett to eat dinner tonight? I told him to pretend we were eating at Dalo's Kitchen. It worked like a charm. He declared the rice was injera, the chicken was "Ethiopian chicken", the broccoli were spicy lentils, and the snow peas were mild lentils. He is now enjoying a Cutie.

4 comments:

sarah said...

He's so cute! ...and what's the difference between flubber and goo? I want to make some!

Lindsay said...

I actually love playing with that oblic stuff, too! Hmmm....might be a good rainy day activity for the kids, today!

Hey, I got an email from Jessie and she wanted your email address. She is interested in buying a banner from you. Would you mind emailing me thebuttonfam@hotmail.com, and I will pass along your email address to her?

Thanks!!

Ted and Lori said...

Oh my, that's so funny that you got him to eat by saying it was Ethiopian food. That's awesome. And I remember all those gooey things from when I worked at a preschool. So much fun.

dad-gramps said...

What fun with messes. . . I bet Billy was way far away!! As usual I loved the pictures. The knitting projects are looking so professional. Of course what do I know about knitting??

Love to ALL. . . ME