Saturday, July 26, 2008

Antique Road Show Here We Come

I love thrifting. All of Rhett's clothes and most of his toys were found at Goodwill or resale stores. Yesterday at Goodwill we found lots of great treasures. A couple of vintage Fisher Price toys, some Hana Anderson clothes for Rhett and "baby sister", and a new print for our house. I found this print in the yellow bin before it was even on the shelf. I really liked it in the store and even payed $20 for it! A fortune for Goodwill! When I got it home I had serious buyers remorse for the rest of the day. I was worried about what Dan would say. I was right, Dan said it was too dark...I agreed. There is a signature on the print, so I thought I would find out who the artist was. His name is Eyvind Earle. He was once an illustrator for Disney. He did a lot of the illustration for Sleeping Beauty. We found out that a signed Eyvind Earle print is selling for $1,500-$9,000! What! We found the print online...check it out! The print is in really good shape and there is a special stamp on the back that authenticates it. Dan likes the print now.

7 comments:

Ted and Lori said...

Okay, Autumn, you rock. This is amazing. Congrats on the awesome find. I never even bother to look in the "art" aisle at goodwill, never thinking I'll find anything. What an amazing eye you have.
(have been feeling under-the-weather lately, sorry for being awol, we should try to get together soon).

Alexander-Talia said...

sweet! nice find - i love goodwill!

Stacie said...

What a find! Are you going to sell it? Not that I can afford it or anything! :)

LISA said...

Cool! No wonder i love to second hand shop!!

dad-gramps said...

Goodwill to you. . . Good luck on translating someone elses trash to your treasure. I'm sure it will be put to good use. Some times you have to look deep to find the value of the little "things". This is really amazing! Love to all. . .

Chris and Jess said...

SCORE on the print! You could sell it and pay for some of your airfare to Ethiopia!
What a find!

Amy B. said...

That is so cool. Goodwill finds don't get any better than that!!After I wrote my "Goodwill" post I forgot about one of my favorite finds. It is a painting too of an African angel mother holding her infant son. I love it because I found it just shortly after we decided to adopt from Ethiopia. I found it at Goodwill and did one of those auction things for it. I paid $30 for it...but I don't think mine is worth $6000. It is priceless to me though :)