Thursday, July 10, 2008

Obama the Prisoner

We were watching morning news when Rhett heard them talking about Obama. His head perked up and said, "He is our president." I said, "We hope he will be our president." Then he said, "Presidents get locked up." I was very confused. I asked him a couple of questions about what he meant. Than I realized he was referring to the other day when I told him he was my prisoner (I trapped him for hugs and kisses). He was confusing the word prisoner with president. I quickly cleared this confusion up.
Here are a couple of "accidental" shots. I just aim and shoot and hope to capture a moment. We were at the Rose Garden and Rhett was smelling almost every rose he passed. His sniff lasted about half a second, so I was just clicking really fast. I'm happy about that first picture. The second one I had the aim all wrong, but I think it is sort of cute.
Nina, he wears this shirt alllllll the time. It is my favorite!

2 comments:

Ted and Lori said...

I actually have to restrain myself from sniffing every rose at the rose garden. Love this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Love to see those Portland landmarks. I wish I was in the Roe Garden with you guys. Loved the pictures. Pretty soon Rhett will be ready for a 4 shirt. . . growing up so fast.

Maybe Rhett was saying some Presidents SHOULD be locked up. The things he comes up with. Take care.