Friday, September 12, 2008

So It Begins

I released my boy to someone else...teacher Sam. He is a preschooler now. I can't help but think of this song..."my buddy." Everywhere I was and everywhere I went Rhett was with me. It was really weird to drop him off and come home. I'm not going to lie, I got over it pretty quick, but I have been preparing myself all week. And by preparing I mean crying every time I talk to another mom about Rhett going to preschool. I held it together pretty well when I left the school yesterday. The thing that made it so easy was when we got in the classroom Rhett said, "Bye, mom, I love you." He did great on his first day of school...
Rhett loved going up in the loft.
Rhett is making coffee here. He proceeded to a circle of girls and asked, "Gabriella, would you like some coffee?" I guess she eventually said yes, because Rhett came running to me saying, "Gabriella wanted some coffee!"
We went to Kennedy School with Lori and Abe again last night. This time Rhett really wanted to dance with Lori. It was pretty sweet to hear him say, "Lori, will you please dance with me." It took a little convincing, but Rhett was very happy out on the dance floor. I'm going to have to teach him that it is probably not great if he has to beg...
Rhett even got to dance with Abe. He didn't have to beg him, because Abe thinks Rhett is the coolest.
Big news this week! Five referrals! I hope this is just the beginning...

Reminder: The courts reopen around October 9th.

3 comments:

Ted and Lori said...

I think Rhett is the coolest too! I was just slightly intimidated by our solo dance party in front of a largish crowd :)

The Williams Family Blog said...

I haven't read very many blogs this whole summer, so I am trying to catch up on some that I remember loving to read. Just wanted to say...I know the feeling. Our son just went to preschool for the first time this past Tuesday. It's so sad to see how time flies.

I am so going on the Ethiopian Orphan Relief website to get a doll or 2. I LOVE them and I know Elijah will too!

dad-gramps said...

Great news on the referrals. . . Getting closer.

From the pictures it looks like Rhett will have a blast in that setting. Time does fly and it's hard to believe he is going on four and on to preschool. It all happens in stride, the milestones continue and before you know it as a parent through each stage your relationship with your child becomes and always was about the love in each moment along the way. That's why the "mommy I love you" touched me. Yes, they are off to preschool, school, college, marriage and children of their own and you still love them as you did through each of these milestones. . . what a gift. Wow and I could go on and on. . . I'll just say thanks for sharing these moments. Love ME