Tuesday, October 7, 2008

For Your Enjoyment

As promised, here is the sweater on Rhett. He won't leave it on very long, but constantly tells me how much he likes the sweater I made him and how soft it is. He also can't keep his hands off the buttons...his new skill.
I hope you can read Rhett's story that goes along with the "guy" he drew. He handed me this "guy" and proceeded to tell a story about him. I just happened to be at the computer (I swear I don't check my email 20 times a day checking for referrals...there was one today!), so I started typing word for word what he was saying. It turned out pretty cute, so I framed it and hung it in our family room.
I feel the need to explain the "Rhett for Obama" post a little more. You should know we do NO McCain bashing in our house. We respect both political parties, but Rhett does know who we favour. Kids tend to lean towards who their parents follow, right? It is normal for him to say, "We are voting for Obama." If only Rhett could vote...
Now, the funny thing about what he said was the perfect comedic timing of it. We were eating dinner listening to the debate when Rhett heard McCain's name. He looked at me with that face and said, "John McCain? Nice try, dude." I would like you all to know we do not talk that way in our house about anyone...well, almost anyone.

5 comments:

Meg DeZutti said...

Rhett is melting my heart. (1) for his "nice try dude" comment w/ Jon Stewart cleverness (2) for his picture and story of the guy & (3) for how utterly adorable he looks in his new sweater! He is awesome!

Christi said...

I love that you typed out his story and framed it...that is such a great way to freeze this awesome stage!

dad-gramps said...

Tell Rhett, Gramps would love to see a picture of a "Car Car". He is way TOO much and darn if he doesn't look ready for the College Debate in that sweater. . . most likely a Political Debate!! Not to mention you being too much for typing out his story. TOO MUCH LOVE FOR YOU ALL!!!

Elaine said...

Autumn- You are so talented! I watch in awe at what you can make. So glad you guys are doing well. It is fun to see your family.

lori lls said...

Dag, yo. That sweater would take me like 30 years to make if I started today. You must have some kind of stick-to-it superpowers.