So, you may remember from my last tagging...I'm not a huge fan of the tag, but in respect for the awesome lady who tagged me and so she will continue to let me hug and kiss on her child...I'll comply. Although I will not be passing on the tags. I hope you understand, Lori. I have to share 7 "interesting" things about myself...
1. I have never eaten a fast food hamburger in my life. As a matter of fact, after I read Fast Food Nation, I can not eat red meat. The thought, sight, and taste of red meat makes me think of horrible images of cows in the slaughter house. Don't even get me started on a rare steak...yikes. Sorry, if that is a little dark. From this comes a little obsession with meat. I like knowing and respecting where any meat I eat comes from.
2. I hate cleaning my house. At the same time a dirty house drives me a little crazy. So, throughout the day we like to get out of the house. Out of sight, out of mind. I just have different priorities in life. I would rather play a game with Rhett than do dishes. I would rather knit a Christmas present or sew a pair of pants for Rhett during nap time than dust. One day we will have a house cleaner just to save a little sanity.
3. This leads to my crazy obsession. I think I may need therapy, actually. I have to be constantly sewing or knitting. I have a really hard time sitting still without doing something...knitting, embroidering a baby doll face, cutting out letters...
This obsession has grown over the last year to an embarrassing level. It started with friendship bracelets in middle school, then to beading, moved on to hand sewing, next was sewing with a machine, and now knitting. I'm now at the crazy point that I would rather make myself and Rhett's clothing than buy anything and make a gift rather than buy it. This results in some crazy hours at the sewing machine. I do have to convince myself that it is really good for Rhett to see that his mama has other interests. I must say that Dan is the best husband ever and understands the need I have to create, but I blame him as an enabler...
4. I hate to buy things for myself at full price. I will if it is birthday money, but otherwise I shop for everything at Goodwill that I'm not making. Like jeans...I wear through jeans like crazy, because that is all I wear. What would you rather pay...$58+ or $4.99? Sure, under the black lights while golfing, the jeans I was wearing had a slightly weird stain on them, but really, unless I'm under black lights there is no way of knowing where my jeans have been.
5. While pregnant I gained 60 pounds (over half my weight)...due to my Pho (obviously the chicken Pho) and frosted wheat cereal cravings, I guess. I was also about 55" around...this was due to the monster baby inside...9lb.7oz. For all of those pregnant ladies out there, don't let your Dr. tell you to put a limit on weight gain. I obviously needed to gain that weight to carry such a monster baby. Now, because of the crazy weight gain and crazy monster baby I still get mistaken for being pregnant on a regular basis...even though I have lost all 60 pounds.
6. Dan proposed to me in Venice, Italy and we went to Paris for our honeymoon. That's interesting, right?
7. I'm not really a huge shoe person. I pretty much wear just one pair shoes per season. During the Summer and warmer months I wear the same pair of Chacos I've had for 4 years and during the Winter months I wear my Sauconys. Although my Sauconys got sunscreen sprayed all over them while camping this year. They got pretty gross, so I had to get another pair of shoes for those occasions I want my feet to look a little better, otherwise I really am not a shoe person.