Saturday, October 18, 2008

Still Waiting

Here is Rhett one year ago. We had just started the whole adoption process and I remember thinking...next Halloween we will have another baby to dress up. Oh, well. I have learned that things don't go as planned and I have learned a lot about patience.
Today marks 6 months waiting for our referral. We are getting a little itchy, but we know it will happen...very soon, we hope. Chances are she is out there, now...waiting for us too.
Shout out to you...April R. I'm thinking about you...waiting for your baby 6 months today also.

4 comments:

April said...

Hi Autumn! I'm ready!!! I had the greatest weekend with my Cousin Sarah and her new baby Evelyn (now 8 months). It was a beautiful Fall Weekend, so we were out and about all day Friday and Saturday. They were visiting from Vermont. We tested all the baby proofing that I've done so far. I have a few places to shore up, so I'm off to home depot. I hope you had a great weekend too.
April

giftofyoutwo said...

Sigh... Thinking of you guys as your wait marches endlessly on.

Erin and Keith Sager said...

The timing will be perfect, but I too know the wait is hard.. Rhett is so cute and I want his hair color, to bad it dosen't come in a box....Hoping this week brings many surprises...

dad-gramps said...

It's not a wait. . . It's the further adventures of the Lapour family as your next child has the time to catch up and join the fun. What a wonderful blessing this family will be to our new addition. Once again you all have so much to give and your gift is coming your way. . . Love to all!!!. . .!