Friday, November 21, 2008

The Joys Of A Baby Bottle

Ok, so I used to walk right by the baby bottles at New Seasons. Today was different. I started to walk by, then I stopped and realized, we need baby bottles. What a great feeling it was to pick out baby M's first bottle. I pretty much had a mini breakdown in the aisle. Rhett loved it too. The first thing he wanted to do when we got home was wash his sister's bottle in the bathroom sink (don't worry, that isn't where we do our dishes and we will be washing it again). I have come to terms with the fact she may be too old to nurse when she gets home. It is a difficult thing to come to terms with, but we will find many other ways for us to bond. Ironically one way will be feeding her from this bottle....

It is becoming so real and it feels so good. Only 2-3 short months and she will be ours forever.

3 comments:

Fine family said...

Hey girl I am planning on nursing too! I have a great yahoo support group full of women who have done it. email me if you want the invite or just to discuss the how to ;O) Where in PA are you we are from Meadville PA near Pittsburgh but moved to New Mexico a few years ago family is still there. robinlfine@yahoo.com

Melissa and the boys said...

I am SO excited for you guys! If you don't mind me asking, why would she be to old to nurse? Just curious...
Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

dad-gramps said...

Well you just gave me a mini-breakdown with this post. I know nothing about the nursing thing, but the bonding with this child will be a thing of beauty again for reason that only my emotions can explain. You will know doubt bond with her with the same spirit of love this journey began with and I thank you as a grandparent to be apart of your journey. . . I'm so touched with the connective spirit you have accomplished with what you have done. With much love. . . ME