Saturday, November 1, 2008

We Almost Had To Cancel Halloween

Well, Halloween is over. I love Halloween. I love the decorations, the cookies, the pumpkin goo, I love the kids singing Halloween songs at the preschool party, I love kids dressing up.....

Well, here it is, Rhett's costume. I'm just so happy he was willing to wear it all day!

No nap and Halloween called for a quick stop to Extracto. Latte for me and juice for Rhett.

We headed out for the annual office trick-or-treat at Dan's office. Dan's office was dubbed the candy store by Rhett for the last couple of years.
So, of all the days for Rhett not to take a nap...
On our drive back from Dan's office I thought we might have to cancel Halloween. Rhett was a wreck! 2 minutes before we got home Rhett fell asleep. Knowing how Rhett is after a nap I still thought we would have to cancel Halloween, but after a little candy talk he was awake and ready to party.
Here we are on our way to the neighborhood party...Rhett finally woke up and was happy.
The kids were so cute in their costumes. Trick-or-treating was so much fun this year. So far, I would say this has been our best year, despite the almost having to cancel Halloween thing.
After trick-or-treating we went to the Moore's. That was fun.
I loved the neighborhood Halloween fun.
Here are our neighbor's pumpkins. A Palin pumpkin would've been scarier I think...oh, sorry that is a little mean.
Only 3 more days...

7 comments:

sarah said...

autumn, you are so amazing! i can't believe how great rhett's costume looks! he's so lucky to have you for a mom.

and those ghost cookies look so good.

Christi said...

I love that picture of you walking in your neighborhood...okay, I could do Portland again.

Rhett's costume is the best!

BROWNTOWN said...

WOW - Autumn! Rhett's costume is awesome. YOu are toooo crafty for words. I am glad Halloween wasn't cancelled for you all. See you tomorrow for MIles's big 1-er.

April said...

What a GREAT costume! Thanks for sharing.
April

dad-gramps said...

Very creative costume and Rhett look great in it. You know I loved the picture of you walking in the neighborhood. . ."Little Red Riding Hood". Lots of memories from that one picture. You also know I was a Halloween NUT! Your pumkins were great and I guess the legacy will be past on the Rhett, it's very catching. Looked like fun. . . ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL. Nothing left but the candy eating! SEE YOU ALL SOON. LOVE ME!!!

Grammy said...

The time goes so fast. Cameron's favorite holiday was Halloween. What wonderful memories...enjoy them all.

Ted and Lori said...

Rhett's costume looks so great. I'm glad he survived the evening with a short nap.