Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's Christmas Day In Ethiopia

Our Rhett is a lover. He takes care of his little animals, he very lovingly cares for a bear for M, and today at preschool he took M's photo out of his cubby to share with his friends. One of the parent helpers said he very proudly said, "This is my sister. Her name is M...and it means..." It made me a proud Mama. The idea of the photo in the cubby wasn't mine, but a two time adopted Mama with two of the cutest little girls. Hi, Carrie...great idea.
Melkam Ghena (Merry Christmas) baby girl. I hope you got a little extra lovin' today. Just 5 more weeks until the court date.

3 comments:

Fine family said...

That's cute about Rhett my youngest Aaron has been sleeping with a moose I bought for Hasina? (possible name and the one the boys like) He says this is Hasina's so I want to sleep with it :o)

giftofyoutwo said...

Oh Autumn, I'm so glad he is loving it as much as Figs did. It was really special to Figs to have her own picture of HER baby sister. She still has it in her cubby. :)

Here's hoping having a picture of M will help Rhett as much as having a picture of Gator helped Figs transition to big sibilingdom.

Hoping you will know in 2 more months. Tops.

dad-gramps said...

I have no doubt on how proud Rhett was with his baby sister's picture. Great to see and hear that loving spirit that I miss being around and close to. I miss you guys. . . and can't wait for our new addition to be with us all. Love to all . . . and Merry Christmas "little one". . .