Sunday, February 22, 2009

Generous Gifts

This adoption process has brought some wonderful people into our lives and we are so grateful for each one of them. Lori and April (to name a few) have been two friendships that I'm so grateful for and I know will last a lifetime. Abe is so loved by our family and baby "Z" is Mezmur's roommate at the HOH and will be friends forever.
The other day we got a package from April filled with many thoughtful gifts for our family. One was a hand knit hat for Rhett. He instantly loved it and had to wear it at the park. He even agreed to call April instantly to thank her, which if you know Rhett, isn't always easy for him to do. He left her a sweet message saying, "It fits me perfectly." This is Rhett running away when I asked him to smile for the camera.
Here he is picking me some flowers. After Rhett handed me the flowers Abe handed me a handful of grass with the sweetest smile on his face. I love those boys!
Look at these booties! Too cute. These were also made with love by April. I can't wait to get them on Mezmur's feet! I love them, April!
April also sent along a soft book to fill with pictures for Mezmur. Baby, "Z" also has a matching one filled with pictures of her family.
She also sent along these beads. These same beads signify something so special to April and will to me too. I will wear them with pride. Thanks, April, for all the generous gifts you gave our family. I look forward to meeting you one day and getting our girls together again.
We got our first box of "g" Diapers from a Mom at Rhett's preschool. I'm very excited to give these a try. We plan on a combo of "g" Diapers, 7th Generation, and Target and Costco diapers in between.
Thanks to all your support on the big brother issue. We know taking Rhett with us is the best thing for him and our family.

6 comments:

April said...

Awe- Thanks Autumn! I feel lucky to have met you!! I'm so glad Rhett likes his hat. It's sooooo cute on him! You're the best!
April

Anonymous said...

Autumn,

I have been following your blog for a while now. My husband and I are adopting a little girl though CHI, too. In fact, she is at the HOH with Mez! I would love to talk with you before you leave for Ethiopia. In fact, if possible, I have a little blanket we would love to send to Baby Y! If you have a chance, could you please email me at dmd524 at att dot net. If you don't mind leaving your phone number I would love to call and chat about our girls and your upcoming plans. Thanks so much!

Mary Dearman

Ted and Lori said...

This is so sweet. We feel exactly the same.
The caption to the first pic of Rhett cracked me up.

Meg DeZutti said...

What size of GDiapers did you get for Mezmur? I'm assuming small. do you have an updated weight/height with the update pictures?
You'll be leaving so very soon!!!!! I agree Rhett should be there. We are planning on taking Sam for the adoption of our second. Of course, we need to bring Sam home first!

Stacie said...

What a sweet post. I love Abe handing you a handful of grass. :) Sweet boys!

And, if you don't know - you can get 7th gen diapers at a great discount at Amazon. You have to sign up for a "subscription" but they offer 1 month, 2 month, etc. so you could always change it. I just found out about it (as we're potty training!) and was so excited to find them cheaper. :)

dad-gramps said...

So much loving support through this process. . . You are so blessed. It's all so close NOW. Love Dad

P.S. Rhett did look great in his hat as he was running away!!