Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rhett Is Four Right This Minute

Rhett is four. He kept asking all day yesterday, "Am I four right this minute?" "Yes, honey, you are now four." This sums up most of how the day was spent...Hungry Hungry Hippo. Thanks a lot Aunt Anne and Uncle Ryan. A game that I had to play 25 times and now the clacking of the plastic on plastic is enough to give me a panic attack...just ask Dan. Oh, and I can't knit and play THIS game, which I guess is a good thing for Rhett. Most games I can knit while we play. It's just what Mama does and Rhett doesn't even notice anymore. It is really good for our kids to see that we have other interests besides Hungry Hippos.
We saw Grammy and Gramps in Florida on Skype! It was our first time and Rhett loved it. He even got the chance to play a little guitar song for them. I think they loved it too....just a little.
Here is the big birthday boy with his cake. Rhett enjoyed helping me make the cake. It was delicious.
Rhett said this was his favorite part of the day...blowing out his candles. I was happy to find the "4" buried in the drawer.
The only reason he wore the crown was because I told him, "All birthday boys must wear a crown for blowing out their candles and eating cake." He was very excited about the crown when he opened it, but just didn't want to wear it.
On a side note...I'm proud to say that one week ago our tv broke and Rhett hasn't asked to watch the tv once.

8 comments:

Erin and Keith Sager said...

Happy Birthday Rhett. I still have hungry hippo from when I was little. I love that game. Counting down to your big day.....

April said...

Hungry Hippo!!!! I LOVED that game!!! You're sooooo lucky- though I do remember having to play it outside..... But I also grew up in Southern California where it's always warm:-). Happy Birthday Rhett!
From April, John, and baby K (aka Zora).

sarah said...

happy birthday to our favorite four year old in the whole world!!

dad-gramps said...

Yes, I'm coming down from my SKYPE high. . . loved it. Didn't realize you had taken a picture. It was great being apart of Rhett's Birthday. Really good to SEE you also. Looking forward to other times to WEB connect. Love to you ALL.

Annie said...

Well, I must say I'm pleased Rhett liked his gift....but I had a feeling you might hate us for it!!! I promise to do Hippo duty next time we're in town:) Anne

Chika said...

Happy Birthday to Rhett! Maybe we should do a short term game swap - how about Trouble for Hungry Hippo? If I have to play Trouble again, I think I'm going to lose it!

Melissa and the boys said...

Happy Birthday Rhett!! Autumn, I totally understand Hungry, Hungry Hippos! We should get the boys together so they can play it in a seperate room while we chat!! Just thinking of the noise it makes makes me shiver...

Elisha said...

Happy Birthday to Rhett! I am so on board with the mental insanity of the click-clack of Hungry Hippos. I would love to know how your t.v. broke. I wish ours would break so badly...