Sunday, May 3, 2009

Soft McSoft

We have a new kitty. I have noticed him hanging around our house for the last month and a half. Finally I was able to "trap" him to give him some food. I noticed he was very skinny and thought he needed some food. He would always run when we opened the door or came into sight and when I first "trapped" him he gave me some angry meows. So, I thought he was a crazy ferrell cat. It turns out after 3 feedings we are now his best friends. He comes running when we call and can't get enough petting and love from us. I think we will keep him.


I made him a little bed right outside our door and this is where I found him this morning.
For now he is living out under/on our deck until we take him/her to the vet.
When I asked Rhett what we should name our new kitty he said, "Chewed Up Ear." Because he has a chewed up ear, of course. Then he said, "No, Soft McSoft!" So, Soft McSoft it is...

11 comments:

Ted and Lori said...

This reminds me of the many cats who found our family when my sister and I were growing up. Those cats are the best...the ones who just find their way into your life. Hope to meet Soft McSoft soon :)

BROWNTOWN said...

Soft Mcsoft is an awesome name. What does Billy think? Look forward to seeing you all soon

Bekah said...

i love rhett!

kathy said...

I have not seen Soft McSoft around the neighborhood. Your family is growing at a fast pace! ;)

Julie said...

Funny Rhett, what a cutie.

If Soft Mcsoft doesn't stick, Chewed Up Ear can just be Chewy. Or Cue . Or if you remember, Brian is the king of nicknames for people, I should just quit while I'm ahead.

Christine said...

Is it just me or does Rhett seem very special? Well, naming is a gift in itself and this kid is a pro. Soft McSoft is so eloquent, soft with an umph!

Christine

Starshine said...

Cute name!

handfull of johnsons said...

I love his eyebrows. I mean Rhett's have always been great, but Soft has great eyebrows. If you need any new bonding strategys, I recommend the moby wrap. Ha! What does Mez think?

dad-gramps said...

Has Billy been introduced to "Soft McSoft" and are you not sure Billy was not responsible for Softie's "Chewed up Ear". . . Have you check to match the teeth markings??

Anyway the animals are always great for the kids and will be good mates for the "Lovey Dog" in your family's future. Love to all. . . including "Soft McSoft" GREAT NAME RHETT!!

Paul Francis and Jana Bree said...

Great name, Rhett! I'll bet it's a girl kitty, though. Aren't all calicos female? I think someone told me that once. Congrats on the new family member. She/he'll be sleeping in your bed before you know it!

Adopting1Soon said...

Thanks for being so compassionate to your furry friend. When you take him to the vet, please get him neutered....