Tuesday, June 16, 2009

For The Dad

Yes, even Dan gets handmade clothes. When he saw Rhett's sweatshirt (The rust colored sweatshirt he is wearing in this picture) made from this pattern he said, "I want one." (Just another plug for my class tonight.) So, I made Dan this sweatshirt. I love how it turned out except for the zipper...it is sort of wavey. I know you can't really see it in this picture...I'll have to take a better picture of it. Dan saw me making shorts for Rhett and said, "I want shorts." I told him I wasn't going to make him shorts with an elastic waste for him. Sorry. I am making him a Father's Day gift though. I was inspired by this fellow crafter. (Oh, I can call her a fellow crafter because she came to craft night at my house last week.) I obviously can't reveal the Father's Day gift now, but if Dan likes it and wears it, I'll reveal it next week.

3 comments:

dad-gramps said...

Can't wait for the reveal. Hey, I want some shorts!! The sweat shirt I will pass on. . . TOO HOT HERE TO EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. Miss you all. We will talk/sype soon. Love ME

More Dorrs said...

She came to your house?!?! You are the coolest crafter I know.

Do you think she'd be my friend?

-beka

April said...

I hope your class went GREAT! If I lived in Portland I would LOVE to take your class!