Wednesday, June 10, 2009

He's A Martha Fan

I like Martha and so does Rhett. I can always count on Rhett being excited to watch Martha Stewart with me.
We were inspired to make these cookies yesterday. They are the best cookies and fun for Rhett to make. With the rolling, and the sugar, and the making holes in the dough, and the squirting chocolate, and the licking...oh, my.
While we are baking Rhett makes sure to point out..."That's not how Martha does it." "Martha's cookies don't crack." Yes, they are on a first name basis.

What does Mezmur do while we bake? Make a mess and fuss in her highchair. Don't worry sister. Very soon you too will be allowed to lick the spoon.

10 comments:

Blog Shmog said...

This is super cute...:)

Julie said...

How funny!

I love Mezmur's cute food face. We see that every day here!

Christine said...

Rhett looked so tall in the pics. I never made the chocolate ones, but I did make the key lime thumbprint cookies and they were good. Lots of work, though. Mezmur still cornering the market on cuteness, I see.

Christine

Ted and Lori said...

I love the pic of Rhett watching Martha. Classic.

dad-gramps said...

I hope Martha gets balanced with Emeril or someone other then Martha. Not that I'm not a Martha fan. . . Well I'm not but that's besides the point and actually I have no point other then I think it's great you guys work together making cookies. . . Can't wait to see when Mezmur starts to be able to help also. . . Maybe she will be an Emeril FAN! BAM! Love you.

April said...

Rhett- I'm totally a Martha fan too! You know she did time in the 'big house', right? She's had some hard knocks- but can she ever set a table!
A, J, and Z

April said...

Rhett- I'm totally a Martha fan too! You know she did time in the 'big house', right? She's had some hard knocks- but can she ever set a table!
A, J, and Z

Nana said...

The photo of Rhett reminds me of a photo of "me" in that very same chair. It is also from the back, only my hair was longer. We have pictures of you in that chair also!

Luv, Nana

Claudia said...

oh, too cute - both of them!!

Elizabeth said...

I'm enjoying your blog! Good to meet you the other day..I didn't know that you taught classes at bolt - I will check them out!