Saturday, June 13, 2009

More Strawberries...New Farm *EDITED*

This morning we headed out for strawberry picking. We decided to try a new farm. It didn't disappoint. Sure, it didn't have corn roasters or roosters, but the strawberries were perfect.
Strawberries weren't the only treasures we found today. Dan called to me, "Emergency...emergency, come quick and bring your camera."
Do you see it?
Very sweet, but a little sad for that lonely egg. We left it hoping the mama bird would be back.

Notice how Rhett is sitting...does anyone know who else sits like that? *I guess I should clarify...I used to sit like that and still do. My ballet teacher used to get so mad at me for sitting like that when I was little*
Poor Mezzy...she can't have any of the delicious sweetness yet. Torture.


Dan declared he wants to do this every other weekend...

7 comments:

Julie said...

Yum yumminess! So jealous. Here in Wisconsin we are still running the heat because it's 45 degrees at night. No strawberries yet. Our raspberries are beginning to bud....hopefully soon.

CUTE Tom's in your header photo! ADORABLE Mezmur in the same picture!

Missy said...

What a great time!!! I LOVE strawberry picking!! Adorable pics....

Ted and Lori said...

My friend Rusty still sits like that. Of course, he's 6feet tall and 125 pounds, so it makes quite a picture.
Thanks for the berries :)

Christine said...

Love the photo of Mezmur!!!! Manny is asleep, but when he gets up I will show him and he will crack up. Her eyes....

Oh, the comment about the way Rhett is sitting, I thought you meant that it seems physically impossible for normal adults to sit so....out of synch. FYI, I never sat like that, it hurt!

Your photos are fantastic. As usual.

Christine

Jill said...

Autumn, so glad to meet you officially yesterday and thank you again for letting me hold Mezmur. I can't get her out of my mind, she is so unbelievably sweet. by the way, LOVE Rhett's shirt for strawberry picking. Too cute.

dad-gramps said...

Darn. . . Missed it by two weeks. the Strawberries look great. Wish we were there to help you pick and eat them. Looked like fun. Yes, poor Mezmur to have to watch it all. She will be at it by next season.

Rhett's sitting position is great for a quick roll to the feet or back into a crouch. . . from this I see a great baseball catcher fundamentals. I didn't notice that before but we can work on that the next time we are together. . . Of course unless he will decide on ballet. Sorry I can't help with that. Funny the things that come to mind of your childhood from your children.
Love Dad

P.S. Gramps is 102 today! Send your good thoughts. . .

paige said...

Those berries look delicious--seems like a fun trip.

I've included a link about 'w-sitting'

http://www.pediatricservices.com/parents/pc-22.htm

As a former therapist, I discourage it--it really is hard on the hips, but if it happens infrequently, I wouldn't give it a second thought