Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Garter Love Sweater

Oh, this is THE sweater. The sweater that I saw here a year ago that I think helped inspired me to want to knit for myself. A little over a year ago I started to knit and I'm constantly inspired to learn something new in knitting. A wise woman told me (who was told by another wise woman) when I started to knit, "Don't get caught up knitting scarves and hats. Knit what you want." I really wanted to knit sweaters and toys. I really wanted to knit sweaters for myself. So, you might remember my first sweater. Now, I have finished the sweater that helped to inspire me to knit and I love it. It could stand to be a little bigger, but I think it turned out nice. You can also see the sweater here...

Thank you Rhett for being my photographer...
I've started another sweater for myself. I'm making this sweater...I can't wait to finish it! The gull lace pattern is a challenge and so much fun.

11 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my gosh girl.....just looking at the button holes scares me! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Blog Shmog said...

I love that sweater Autumn! And I just looked at your post below of Rhett's pictures. Alivia got a new (free) camera about a month ago and I laugh so hard when I go back and look at her pictures. I title them "A Day In The Life Of Alivia". :)

dad-gramps said...

36,799 stitches. . . You do fine work and to think all the projects you have completed in a years time. . . One stitch at a time. Just think of the place you are at when you are knitting. I bet it is peaceful there. . . I know you have stated it is theraputic for you and you do deserve those moments with such great rewards of satisfaction along with it. . . A lesson for everyone including myself, there is always time for yourself and creative inspiration. Because if you can find the time we all can. . .
Love Dad

courtney rose said...

Seriously. Autumn = talent

April said...

You are so talented! PS- I LOVE the banner picture!! You are a true artist.

Missy said...

Man, you are one talented woman!! Seriously beautiful work!!

Tracy said...

Wow! It is just beautiful! I don't think it looks too small at all! You wear it well!

Christina said...

I found your blog through Michelle's blog. The dolls you made for her two girls are just gorgeous! (like the girls themselves ;) ). I noticed that there were no dolls listed on your Etsy site. We travel in a few weeks to pick up our daughter, and I would absolutely love to have one of these made for her. Do you plan on offering the dolls for purchase again any time soon? Thanks!

Mama Papaya said...

Autumn, that is absolutely lovely. And the last picture even more so. Beautiful!

Erin Sager said...

WOW beautiful sweater, you are one talented mama......

Eryn said...

oh my...so great! love it!