Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Tuesday

A friend did this a while back and I always thought it would be a fun idea. I woke up Tuesday and thought...that would be a fun thing to do today, because we don't have too many plans....our day sure got busier than I thought.
Rhett is the leader of our mornings. He is a creature of habit. Mornings start with a yogurt, tv, then breakfast...now, we begin a Tuesday in the life of us with yogurt on the family room floor.
Next for this creature of habit...his shows. His only tv time is in the morning. We can be heard saying, "Mezmur, stop watching tv." She loves her shows too....it is hard to shelter the second child from tv when the first child is a morning tv watcher.
Breakfast today is a toaster waffle with whipped cream and berries...oh, and a few Joe's O's were given out too...to a baby girl.
Then, while we clean up and I get Mez down for her nap Rhett is usually here with his guitar.
Usually when Mez is asleep we try to do a "big brother" thing together. Today Rhett is picking mint for a treat we are going to make...
...cantaloupe, mint, honey, and yogurt popsicles.
Rhett got a little closer to his third surprise with his Summer Reading.
Now that Mez is awake it is time for our first outing...taking Soft McSoft to get her sutures out.
After we drop Soft off at home we make a stop at Bolt to drop off this Trapeze Sundress for a sample for the store. I'll be teaching this class in August!
Now, home for lunch! Mez is eating carrots, pasta, and cantaloupe. Rhett eats cheesy chips and I eat my new favorite lunch...a tomato paste, mozzarella, and Parmesan quasadilla...oh, so delicious.
Nap time...I'm working on a Trapeze Dress for myself with a few modifications.
In order to give my brain and body a little rest I sat down to watch an episode on hulu and work on a couple rows of my sweater. No, I can't just sit and do nothing...
Dinner was made before the kids woke up, because I knew we were going to have a busy afternoon. Black beans, chicken, zucchini from the garden put together in a Mexican casserole.
The usual scene when I have to wake up Rhett.
Rhett was excited to taste our treat after his nap...here is what he thought. Not a hit.
The usual scene when Mama comes in after nap.
Off to the park to play in the water with some of our favorite people.
Back at home...this scene was right after I heard Rhett say, "No! Snot Monster! You are going to get snot on me." Oh, sibling woes...
After dinner, after daddy comes home, and after the chaos of getting ready to go...we go to swimming lessons. Oh, who knew zucchini from the garden would taste so good. Rhett doesn't usually eat zucchini, but from the garden?...he clears his plate.
Mez cheers on her brother from Daddy's lap.
Rhett loves his swimming lessons!
Home from swimming with one down...
Don't let this photo fool you. She woke up for another hour and a half after this sweet picture.
Rhett and I read chapters 5 and 6 from My Father's Dragon.
It's 9:00. Time for mom and dad to have a glass of wine and watch our show to unwind after a very busy day.
Not shown...diapers were changed, a bath was given, tantrums were had, cats were fed, dishes were done, bottles were given...

14 comments:

angie said...

very cool glimse into your life!

oh, and we love LOVE my father's dragon!! just love it!

April said...

I am sooooo impressed by what you can pack into a day! Zora, John, and I need to take some pages out of your book! You are SUCH A GOOD MOM!

Elisha said...

What a day lady! How fun to chronicle it for us all. Chloe LOVED My fathers dragon. Such a good pick. What did you think of the popsicles? That sounded good and I have so much out of control Mint growing!

Julie said...

Awesome post!
But holy cow girl, you have me worn out just thinking about it!

Christi said...

Oh my goodness, what a full day. I don't think I do half of that each day, but maybe if I were to document it like you did I would see..

So fun seeing your life, tantrums and snot monsters and all.

dad-gramps said...

OH MY!! A day in the life. I could hear Rhett yelling about the "Snot Monster". . . I don't blame him that's not my favorite thing either. Loved Mezmur cheering her brother's swimming on. Good to see Rhett still strumming the guitar. You are "SUPERMOM" and a SUPER FAMILY. I thought the popsicle sounded good wonder why Rhett gave it a thumbs down . . . All this and fresh vegetables from the garden. I bet making your own wine will be next. . . Oh that's right you are growing grapes!!! WAY-WAY TOO MUCH. Thanks for a view of your day. LOVED IT. LOVE YOU ALL

lori lls said...

Ha ha ha! Great joke post, Autumn! We all know this actually ocurred over three or four days (or a week or two, if it were me). You are hilarious, but you can't fool us.

Missy said...

WOW!! What a great day! LOVED the pics!! :)

Mama Dog said...

You are like Super Mom and your children are like Super Children and your house is Super Clean and Shiny House.

Will you dedicate a post to the recipe for Mexican casserole please?

Chika said...

That was so much fun - please tell me the trapeze dress class will be a beginners class!

Ted and Lori said...

Awesome, Autumn. I love so much about this post that I can't even fit it all in a comment. Mezzy's wake-up face, Rhett's thumbs-down, the tv squabble, etc.

Blog Shmog said...

oooh this is a fun post autumn! you made the trapeze dress! it looks great. :) I have yet to tackle that one. did you feel that it fits well or are adjustments needed. is it too baggy or does it seem fitted enough? love the fabric you chose for your dress!

Mama Papaya said...

What a cool post (and day).

Stacie said...

Love this post. Micah and I are reading it together (you know he loves Mezmur :). We got to the last picture (of wine) and he asks, "Mom juice?" Yes baby, that's Mom Juice.