Friday, August 7, 2009

A Meal of Two Harvests

A lot of flour, one big brother helper in a cute apron,
a whole lot of butter,
Marion berries picked and frozen...
= a delicious pie
The next harvest we enjoyed that night was a bowl full of edamames from our garden. Thanks, Dad.
A little about the last post...

The kids are wearing their traditional Ethiopian clothes. We were at our local agency's summer picnic. I thought it was a perfect excuse to have them wear there Ethiopian outfits. There was a professional photographer there...that is the story of the picture.

2 comments:

dad-gramps said...

It is a great photo to have. . . Like I said I loved Rhett's shirt. . .

dad-gramps said...

Back again. . . sorry I had a quick trigger today. Couldn't leave without saying the pie looks to-die-for and I bet it was as good if not better then the strawberry ruhbarb pie you have made. . . I love berry pies. We need to get to Oregon during berry harvesting time. . . Rhett looks like he is ready for a kids cooking show. . . there's an idea. . . IN THE KITCHEN WITH RHETT. I loved the LOOK. Mezamur looked entertained with her endamame (From the garden yet?) Love ME