Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Nap Time Diaries

We found a dresser for Mezmur at the Fremont Fest last weekend. It was ugly, so painted it...Rhett helped. We were able to find a gallon of mis-mixed paint for $5...score! I did some painting on it during nap time today and in between coats I sewed.
I'm trying to finish a few projects that I have started a while back. First is this skirt for ME. I fell in love with this fabric and knew it would be a skirt for me. I haven't made myself a skirt for 5 years when I made that red floral skirt. I'm sure some of you know the skirt I'm talking about.
Why do I love this pattern? The elastic waist.
The pattern I used was Cute Skirts by Favorite Things. I already have the fabric for a fall skirt.

4 comments:

Mom said...

This really looks like a cute skirt. It is exactly the kind I like also. How much fabric is required? Maybe you can sew one for your favorite babysitter?

With Love,

Mom

dad-gramps said...

I like the colors on the dresser. . . Looks like they tie in with the pastels in her stool. Tell Rhett Gramps said "he did a great job". He is a very good painter, I remember the concentration when he was painting his fire truck. . . He stayed right on task. I can see him helping you. He is growing up fast. Brings back memories of the pictures we have of you and Aris as painting helpers. I loved it!!! Love to all. . .

P.S. Glad to see you are making something for yourself. Still don't know where you find the time. That's OK . . . Leave it a mystery, it just leaves me more amazed in what you do and what you accomplished. Love Me

Rachel Clear said...

I'm just going to ask you this once: PLEASE STOP ACCOMPLISHING MORE DURING ONE NAP TIME THAN I ACCOMPLISH IN MY WHOLE WEEK COMBINED.

:)

April said...

OK- can I just tell you what my nap time diary would sound like? Here goes.....

Today after Z went to sleep I brushed my teeth, started to post ...is that crying??? Baby girl, why don't you like to nap???

the great thing is she sleeps all night! :-)