Thursday, September 10, 2009

Enat

This is my new necklace that Dan got me for our anniversary. I ordered it here.
This is just one small way I plan to honor Mezmur's Enat.
Mezmur's Enat (mother) gave us the biggest gift. It makes me so sad that she will never know how happy and healthy her baby girl is today. I think about Mezmur's Enat EVERYDAY. All I know that is true is that Mezmur's Enat carried her for nine months, kept her healthy for all nine months, and gave birth to her. For this...I love her and think about her everyday. I don't know if she cared for her for those two "lost" months or if it was her Abat (father). Maybe an Aunt or Uncle. I strive everyday to honor Mezmur's Enat. Mezmur will never be able to see the face of the woman who birthed her. This breaks my heart. I will do every thing I can to ease the pain Mezmur will have that she will not know the woman who birthed her. Mezmur's Enat is loved and will be honored by all in our family.

13 comments:

Loraine said...

wow.

Danni and Tommy said...

beautiful!

**Heidi** said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
**Heidi** said...

You. are. amazing.

Erin Sager said...

Love this sweet gift from your husband. I can relate, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her....And how amazing she is.
And yes just email me what pics and Id be happy to burn some photos for you on a CD. See you soon and lets get those girls together, I can't wait!

CarleeKajsa said...

i love this post...i saw this "adoption necklace" from another post a while back and it made me think of you -

http://www.belkaidesigns.com/product/adoption-necklace

such a way to honor the process by keeping it close to your heart!

dad-gramps said...

Within this process all the blessing go with it when it is felt as deeply as you do. Mezmur's mother knows this where ever she is, as well as Mezmur's connection and love to her birth Mother deep down will never change. Reasons, wondering and voids are all created by "us". We are all connected and there can be no pain in that. Your honoring this spirit can only deepen this connection. Knowing it is and is meant to be will always bring you in touch with everyone that has ever cared for your beautiful daughter. . . They all too will know. Mezmur now as a child feels all of this and she loves you all for it within her joy . . .

Love ME

Rachel Clear said...

Very beautiful, Autumn.

BROWNTOWN said...

well, i got teary eyed reading your dad's post. mezmur is so lucky to have an enat like you and an abat like dan. i believe (hope) her birth mom knows how safe, loved and cared for she is. that would be the best and most positive way to function, right? ...and, is mezmur lucky. you are a great mom and i think it is a win-win situation for everyone.

April said...

Dan is sweet- and so are you! Happy anniversary

Ted and Lori said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful

Julie said...

oh gosh....this is for sure one of the most difficult parts for me to wrap my brain around. I too think about Ayanna's Enat everyday, how do you honor the woman that made your dream come true while making the ultimate sacrifice? Beautiful post, beautiful gift!

The Coys said...

I love that idea! So precious. I may actually use it myself if that's okay. Our daughter is from Ethiopia as well and we went through Holt with our adoption. It's time now to do our yearly update to send along with pictures so I need to get that done!