Sunday, September 27, 2009

A February Sweater in September



Remember this sweater? Well, I finished it and I love it. It made me feel so good to put it on. I love the finished product of knitting for myself, but I did get burnt out once I got to the sleeves. Ugh...sleeves. Next time I may be knitting a vest for myself or Dan. He did point out this post and request a knit sweater. I told him I won't be knitting a sweater for him any time soon, but maybe a vest...
Today is Dan's birthday! Happy 32nd Dan. As Rhett said today, "It's OK Daddy, 30's are the new 20's." Phew...

6 comments:

sarah said...

I love it! You're a genius knitter!

Tell Dan I can totally imagine him in that long, lime green scarf. He'll be the envy of all of other accountants.

Cloverland Farm said...

awesome. looks great. i have a baby february sweater in progress...well, it's been sitting for a while...need top pick it back up.

April said...

Phew is right!! I'm VERY HAPPY that 30's are the new 20's!! Happy Birthday Dan!

Sam's Mom said...

Is there anything you CANNOT do Autumn? Seriously, I'm waiting for you to start posting recipes for chocolate draped-crapes or something and for NPR to feature you on Morning Edition one of these days!

Gale Patterson said...

Wow. That's really pretty. It actually looks a lot like a sweater I just got at Banana Republic - you're right in step with the trends! How long did it take you?

Julie said...

Oohhhh!! I love it! Congratulations on finishing! It's awesome.

Happy (very late) birthday Dan! Could you please ask Rhett what's new for those of us closer to 40 than thirty?!?!? Hoping that is also the new 20's!