Sunday, September 13, 2009

Trip to the Beach

We finally made it to the beach this summer. It was a PERFECT Oregon beach day. The weather was beautiful.






This was crazy. The tide came in by 20 feet in one wave. Look at where I'm sitting in the earlier photo and look at where the water is. That is how far the tide came in. I was sitting there watching it come in thinking, "It has to stop." It didn't. I'm sorry to say, instinctively I grabbed the camera case before Mezmur! Don't worry Mezmur didn't get washed away...she didn't even get wet. I guess I knew that Mezmur would have been fine if she had gotten a little wet, but not the cameras. I guess the tide was being highly unusual this weekend. Crazy.
The destruction...

5 comments:

Sam's Mom said...

We went to the beach today too! Sammy LOVED the sand. The water? Not so much.
Oh, and is that a picture of Mez kung-foo-fighting??

Julie said...

Oh, I'm so far into the midwest, hence the total jealousy! That does indeed look beautiful, and good job saving the camera!

BROWNTOWN said...

Love the pic of Rhett in his undies striking a pose!

dad-gramps said...

This was your second trip to the beach this year. The other was with us when we were there. It didn't look as cold gauged by Rhett's attire. It also looked like Mezmur was able to do more then roll around in the sand an suck the sand off her toes. . . loved that picture!! She looks so cute running around, can't wait to see you all again. The tide thing is wierd, like it was a mini tsunami or something. I have never seen that happen before. Take care. Love ME

sarah said...

I like the Rhett's transition from being fully clothed at the beginning, then to only a shirt and underwear, then only underwear.

It was a sneaker wave! I always make jokes about being swept away by one, but maybe they're more common than I thought!