Tuesday, October 20, 2009

*EDITED* Thanks A Lot Margaret Wise Brown!

Today at T.J.'s...

Rhett: I'm going to run away.
Me: You would be very lonely and I think you would miss us.
Rhett: No I won't! I'll come visit you.
Me: Where did you hear about running away?
Rhett: From Runaway Bunny.

Don't worry. He is still here and in bed. I might ship him away though. Does anyone want a 4 1/2 year old who calls you dumb and hits?

*I just remembered...In the car when I asked him where he heard the word dumb he said, "Charlie Brown." So, thanks Margaret Wise Brown and Charles M. Schultz.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Maybe there is someone waiting at the Addis Visa building that would like to adopt him.....that one fella didn't seem to mind the hitting/biting children!

Otherwise we will take him!

Eryn said...

Oh, boy. 4 was the hardest year so far with Hayden. Lots of similar talk...good luck!

Christi said...

I already have one! We would be such weak ladies if we didn't have these little boys challenging us to grow every day!

Ted and Lori said...

I love Rhett stories!

Christine said...

You know, I find 4 1/2 to be very hard, too. Is it the balance between kind of running their lives and letting them become individuals? My little man hits and says "I don't like you." And yeah, with Charlie Brown, I was surprised to hear some of their word usage, like dumb and stupid.

melissa f. said...

he could come live here for awhile and learn how to slam doors.

dad-gramps said...

Wow. . . There is the whole wide world out there for him. I see your point though about the children stories influences, but it's good you guys are talking about it. As he grows up that's all you can hope for. He is too bright to not understand what's right and with this he will always be testing the limits. . . A challenge needs to be challenged back. You are already doing this I know and this is why he is as bright as he is. . . Can't wait to see him and be challenged myself. Love as always to ALL!!!