Monday, November 9, 2009

I Got Away

I got away...for the first time (alone) since before Rhett was born. No kids...no husband. I needed to get away and the kids needed a break from me too. It was perfect. I was invited to a baby shower a couple of hours away and thus came my getaway plan. After a lovely shower with MANY great women I broke away to head to my hotel. I brought my sewing machine, several projects to work on, dinner, a bottle of wine, and my knitting.

I was a half an hour into my time away and this is the scene from my room...
I took a little dinner break. I brought dinner, so I didn't have to leave the room and I could keep on sewing and cutting. Shrimp cake, orzo, and carrot salad.
Before too long...I (mostly) finished this tunic! It is amazing how much you can do with uninterrupted sewing time. The tunic is the Schoolhouse tunic from Sew Liberated.
Next, I started something for a little friend...I'm going to have to convince him that hedgehogs are friends with foxes.
Before bed I was able to (almost) finish these Christmas pajama pants for Rhett.
In the morning...I started another Christmas gift and I was able to knit for a couple of hours.
I may need to get away again before Christmas.
Why are things mostly/almost finished? Well, I didn't know I could get so much done with uninterrupted time, so I didn't bring enough projects and supplies to finish the projects I brought.

12 comments:

April said...

Awesome! I hope you feel refreshed and Revived! Happy shower Beka.

More Dorrs said...

Thank you so much for coming down for my shower! It was so great to see you, and I am glad to hear that your night away was very productive!

-beka

sarah said...

Wow! You are a fast worker! I'm glad you were able to get away for a weekend. You deserve it! :)

Rachel Clear said...

This sounds heavenly.

I still marvel at the amount of stuff you are able to get accomplished in one day, one nap time, one lifetime. Makes the rest of us look bad!

kathy said...

Good for you!! What a well deserved treat. :)

Anne said...

Good for you! When I stay at a hotel by myself, I eat cheap Asian food and watch TV...you were so productive! Glad you got a little time for yourself.

Julie said...

Oh that is so cool. It's amazing how a bit of time away can leave you feeling so refreshed and excited to see those that 24 hours before were causing everything to be frazzled!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Elizabeth said...

Good for you. I still haven't done this for myself. Thanks for inspiring the rest of us to take some time for ourselves.

Ted and Lori said...

This is so awesome, Autumn! I was waiting for this post :) Good job. Love seeing the wine and coffee.

BROWNTOWN said...

Yay - I am glad you were able to get away and it looks like you were productive (I wouldn't expect anything else, though.) Thanks for sharing. Love the new profile picture of you all too.

Cloverland Farm said...

wow! amazing!!! good for you!

dad-gramps said...

Good accounting for your time away. . . But how did Dan and the kiddos fair. Maybe we need Dan to do a Blog report on that end of the weekend. It must of been a great time for you to get away. Love Dad