Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Ski

We took Rhett skiing for the first time today. It was comical and exhausting for the parents. Mezmur spent most of her time like this, because she couldn't walk in the ice packed snow...
Rhett spent some time being held up by Dan...
...some time on the ground...
...some time screaming and yelling...
...and some time skiing happily!
Mezmur also spent some time with Mom in the lodge eating crackers.
The best thing is...Rhett WANTS to do it again. You never know with that kid.

4 comments:

Christi said...

Oh man, our firsts can be so unpredictable. I love that series of pictures.

dad-gramps said...

Mezmur looked like she was looking for her contacts in the snow. . . another first for her. . . TOO funny. Oh my, the pictures of Dan and Rhett are classic. . . just like the first and only time we took you and your brother skiing. I swear the pictures are identical. You are brave souls to do it again. Rhett did look like he enjoyed it some. . . Next time you should be able to turn him loose that should be a picture to get. Can't wait for the NEXT 2010 LAPOUR FAMILY ADVENTURE!!! Love to all. . . .

Somewhere Behind the Morning said...

How cute! I had many similar poses when my parents taught me to ski years ago. I'm sure if I skied today I would still have the quasi-terrified look on my face as I struggle to balance myself. Your family always does the coolest activities! Lucky! :)

Grammy/Debbie said...

What fun snow memories you're making. It sounds like it was a success if Rhett wants to try it again. Have a beautiful, adventurous 2010. Luv ya lots.