Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Quiet Corner

With the completion of this project...our quiet corner is complete.
This window alcove used to be filled with a huge chair until one day I had a vision...thus, the quiet corner was born. This is a place to go when you want to do art, read a book in the bean bag chair, get your shoes on at the bench, or if you are being too rowdy and need to calm down..."Go to the quiet corner please."
This is where Mez has been known to read every book on that shelf quietly...
It has also been called "the knitting office" by Rhett during one of our "knitting dates."
So far...it has worked. Rhett has been more inspired to do art with all of his supplies organized in jars. Mezmur has her books available whenever she wants them in our living room. I must say, I love our knitting dates at that table. The quiet corner vision is a success.

11 comments:

Eryn said...

ooooh, I love it! I love the new little flag banner...so fun and inspiring! I 've been working on a little creative corner in our house...I love yours!

Mama Papaya said...

Very book curly. It is lovely Autumn.

Mamushsky World Headquarters said...

Ooh, we need a quiet corner. cute! Working on an art closet first. Then, I need to find a corner!

Erin Sager said...

great job!!!! I want to hang in the quiet corner......LOL

dad-gramps said...

"Quiet Corner" or "Knitting Office" it is an inspiration that will give the kids a place for inspiration. . . It's perfect and I can see how it fits for your day to day with the kids. I'm sure they love it and will use it for some great art projects and book reading. Great idea I remember you had mentioned you were doing this, it's great to see how it came together for you. . . Can't wait to spend time with Rhett and Mezmur in their space on our next visit. Miss you all! ! !

Julie said...

That's so cool! And inspirational.
And I LOVE your new header photo.

Cloverland Farm said...

awesome!!!!! i love the idea!!!!

lori lls said...

Perfect! It's a lovely little spot, Autumn. It reminds me of the set up at Montessori schools: a simple, inviting, and organized place for doing specific activities.

Courtney said...

this is a GREAT idea!

naskren said...

the elephant tray is a-maz-ing. was it a thrift store find? if so, I'm envious of the thrift places you have around you.

Ally said...

Love your blog =)