Monday, March 8, 2010

A Year Ago Part 3

Well, we made it to Ethiopia and we only had one more night of sleep before we met our daughter. Yes, Rhett was up at 3 am, but that's ok...we were prepared for some sleep issues with him.
Rhett felt right at home at the Ethiopian Guest Home. The people who worked there were awesome. They joined right in with Rhett's drumming and made him feel so welcome.
Let me present to you...our first breakfast in Ethiopia. Do I need to repeat just how amazing the coffee was? Amazing. Best coffee ever. We enjoyed our breakfast with some great company who were meeting their daughter that morning as well...at the same time...in the same room.
This is one of my favorite photos from Ethiopia. We finished our breakfast and all we could do was wait for the car to pick us up. I still remember how calm I was. I think Rhett being there helped keep me grounded.
Rhett was giddy with anticipation of meeting his sister and giddy with the fact he was riding in a car without a car seat.
Tomorrow...the moment we met.

3 comments:

Rachel Clear said...

My heart beats really really hard each time I read one of these posts. I can't wait til this is us, and I'm so thankful you have Mez.

Julie said...

I have always loved that picture of Rhett playing the drums. It reminds me of waiting for the van. And the breakfast. And everything. Love it.

Duncan said...

Thanks for bringing us all along on this memory lane trip of yours. . . and OH SUCH MEMORIES they are!