Tuesday, May 11, 2010

EOR Auction Results

The Ethiopian Orphan Relief auction was a raging success. Check out their blog for the results! Amazing. It was so much fun to be surrounded by people who have adopted from Ethiopia, are in process, plan on adopting from Ethiopia, and who know someone who has adopted from Ethiopia.
At each table setting was a "toothbrush" made by two little boys in Ethiopia. The story of how 200 of these "toothbrushes" were "ordered" is such a cute story. I loved bringing home a purse full of these sticks for Rhett. Of coarse, he was intrigued and proceeded to chew on this stick and "brush" his teeth the rest of the day.
He declares this as his "morning toothbrush."
I look forward to next years auction!
May I add...the dolls and gift certificates for dolls I contributed to the auction went for such a high amount it made me blush.

8 comments:

Christine said...

oh my gosh, that was a huge success! amazing. Love the toothbrush. I am not at all surprised about how much your handywork was worth. Your dolls are stunning!

Rachel Clear said...

Can't... believe... we missed it... :(

I'm glad it was such a success though. I'm not surprised either that your dolls kicked butt!

naskren said...

your dolls are beautiful! don't sell yourself short :) wish I could have been there. let me know if you ever hear of such an event in the Midwest!

ViviAnne & Peter said...

What a magical evening! So how did Rhett like the toothbrush? I too knew that your dolls would be a success, you are such a talented woman!

April said...

That's AWESOME!!! Congratulations! I wish that we were there. We might have to make a pilgrimage to PDX for EOR next year.

Duncan said...

Ask Rhett if I can borrow his tooth brush. . . What a great idea for a kid or anyone for that matter. It's great what you are a part of and what you do. It seems that each step you have made in your life evolves into to something bigger. Your "dolls stuffed with love" certainly have lived up to that and more. . .

Duncan said...

Ask Rhett if I can borrow his tooth brush. . . What a great idea for a kid or anyone for that matter. It's great what you are a part of and what you do. It seems that each step you have made in your life evolves into to something bigger. Your "dolls stuffed with love" certainly have lived up to that and more. . .

Kim P. said...

I loved see Rhett the photo with Rhett and the toothbrush. Would you be open to use doing a guest spot on Rhett on the EOR blog? Let me know and we'd love to have him with the toothbrush.
Thanks for all you do for EOR! You are so generous with you donations! Your dolls were a HUGE hit. I just had a guest ask me if they were going to be there again next year.
Autumn, thanks for always being so generous!