Thursday, June 17, 2010

Rhett's Sketchbook Shirt

I finished the Oliver and S Sketchbook Shirt today. I love Oliver and S patterns. The styles are so classic and the patterns are pretty and well written. I can't wait to make more Sketchbook Shirts for Rhett. The only issues I had were with the collar...what a pain in the butt and I'm not even 100% happy with how the collar was attached on this shirt, but I don't think anyone will notice, but myself.
The only change I will make is to the length. I will add an extra 2" to the size 6 for my almost 5 and a half year old. I think there will have to be a new first day of Kindergarten shirt and some long sleeve shirts for winter. The best part was when I had him put it on this morning. He got the biggest grin on his face. I asked him what he was smiling about and he said, "I just love everything you make me." Awww...he knows the way to his Mama's heart. I just hope number 2 will feel the same way, because...oh, the dresses I want to sew her.
Now, let me present to you...real smile...
...and fake smile.
Coming up next...a little girl party dress and other birthday gifts for the almost two year old.

9 comments:

Mis & Steve said...

I can honestly say I did not notice any problems with the collar. I can also say I had no idea the shirt was sewn by you. You have quite a talent. It was great to see you today. I hope we can do it more often.

sarah said...

Rhett's fake smile photo made me laugh out loud. That kid is classic. I love the shirt!

Julie said...

Ha ha, Cute Rhett. Fake smiles rock, and if it wasn't for the fake smile, most of the pictures I have of my kids, would be like those taken in the 1800's.

Awesome sewing. Rhett just knows talent!

Christine said...

fake smiles around here have turned into truly absurd smiles and poses.

That is one highly tailored shirt! You are a maven.

Christine

Mark and Heidi said...

You are one talented lady, and that is one cute kid!

Duncan said...

Wow! Real professional looking. I like Rhett's style period. A smile on a face is a smile on a face, it can still bring smiles. They both did for me. . . He will be the best dressed kid in school and proud of it.

How was Neil Young? Sorry I missed it!! Miss you ALL!!!!
Love ME

Christina and Tyler said...

You are ridiculously talented!!! I'm so jealous.

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

omg! love the shirt...and i made mary margaret the 'ice cream' dress this week! check out my blog. :-) i used a robert kaufman print.

dandiesinthesunshine said...

That real smile is a heart warmer indeed! Beautiful boy, beautiful shirt....