Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mezmur Had a Birthday Party

Mezmur had a "small" birthday party last weekend. We decided she deserved a bash for her birthday. I got to work making little party hats for all her little friends.
The delicious layout...
The kids were all hyped up on juice and cupcakes...

I knew my expectations were high, but these kids did great and I got the photo I wanted! All the kids in their party hats, on the log, and under the banner! My expectations were totally met! I didn't need all the kids happy and smiling...or dressed.
The happy birthday girl.
We were so happy Zora (and her family) were going to be in town to celebrate Mezmur's birthday. Oh, my Dad is here too... good times.
Just look at this group! Another thing about the party hats...I didn't expect all the kids to wear them or even like them. They all liked to wear the hats and some kept them on the majority of the party...just look at Zora.
This was a fun project. I put this out for the kids to paint a picture for Mezmur. This is the finished product. I love how it turned out and all her friends worked on it at some point of the party. I wish I had mixed the colors a bit or let the kids mix the colors more, but I love it.
Thanks to everyone who made it a special day for Mezmur.

11 comments:

Christi said...

Such an awesome party! I bet that painting will look great in your cutely decorated home.

The Hedwall Family said...

What a fun day for her! Great photos

Lauren said...

Great party love the hats!!!! The child in the red shirt with what looks like a "3" on it--MUST HAVE IT!! Do you know where it came from?

Anne said...

What a great day...so happy to have shared in all the fun, and can't wait to see you all this weekend!

Paul Francis and Jana Bree said...

Love it! Happy Bday!

Mama Papaya said...

Happy birthday (party) Miss M!

Rachel Clear said...

Um... funnest party ever?!

Autumn, how in the HECK do you do it? Lori and I were talking yesterday about how overwhelming it is to be a mom and to get things done and to just keep afloat and then we were both like, "How do people like Autumn do it? And make crafts? And plan parties? And...? And...?" You are just amazing. What a great little life you give to those kiddos. I know they will forever be grateful to have you as their mom. You seriously rock.

Ted and Lori said...

@Lauren: here is a link. The brand is "appaman." I did not pay full price. I found Abe's "3" shirt at a consignment place for $10.
http://www.thefind.com/query.php?query=appaman+apparel

Ted and Lori said...

Fantastic job on the party, Autumn. Abe had a blast. Everything was wonderful.

Duncan said...

Great to be able to be a part of "the party". . . Wonderful to meet "all" your friends and their families. To see the group photo gathering was "priceless". . . Can't say enough of how good it was to meet and see everyone.

Mezmur, you are a joy and it was so nice to be with you to see your smiles, to fall for your "mezmerizing" charm, to hear your giggles and I will always remember your sweet "twoooo Grandpas" sitting between Richard and I at Enchanted Forest. . . Also, reading to you and especially you "reading" to me. I loved every moment with you and love you. I'll save your goodbye kiss until we see each other again. . . Love, Grandpa (Gramps) I will be whoever you want me to be!

Viv and Pete said...

What a fabulous party! Love all the pictures and of course the amazing party hats that you made! Looks like everyone had a great time ( : Happy Birthday Mezmur!