Monday, August 2, 2010

Mezmur's Mystery Gift

Here is the post about that mystery gift I made Mezmur. I made her a little doll carrier. I used the pattern I found here...
I changed the pattern a bit. I really wanted to use the fabric I had in my stash that I love to look at, but I didn't have enough of it, so I added strips where needed to make the pattern pieces the right size. I made the little hood smaller too...and didn't add the lace.
I used natural linen for the majority of the outside fabric, because I thought the quilting would show up nicely. I machine quilted some of the pieces like the pattern said and I love how this looks. I love the little triangles.
Here is the little doll carrier in use. She loved it...for about two seconds, which is about how long this two-year-old's attention span is.
Oh, well. At least the dolls like it.

4 comments:

paige said...

Darling--just like the birthday girl!

Anne said...

Super cute gift...for a super cute girl! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

Eryn said...

oh my goodness. LOVE.

Rayna said...

Great idea Autumn- super cute! Don't worry, she'll love when she's 3 and 4!