Thursday, August 19, 2010

A New Doll

I had the privilege of making a doll for a sweet little girl who was adopted from Korea. She needs surgery to repair a hole in her heart. Her mom came to me to make a special doll for her before the surgery. She wanted the doll to have a scar next to the heart just like little "C" will have.
What a special doll for little "C" to have. A doll that she can use as a teaching tool for her friends when they ask about her scar and a doll that looks like her.
Since this doll didn't have a built in shirt she needed a couple of little dresses.

I hope to make more "naked" baby dolls and more doll clothes in the near future.
This is why I love making custom dolls. This may have been my favorite doll I've ever made.

12 comments:

Christy. said...

I follow your blog through Eryn...

I LOVE this doll and what it represents!! I would love to order my son a doll when it gets closer to Christmas. :)

Jill said...

That is awesome - a beautiful doll. There is a huge need for these types of dolls, I'm sure you could make a market for them. Or, if you are looking for a good service project, check with your local Children's Hospital and see what their needs are....you could custom make dolls for kids with specific needs.

Anne said...

That just made me feel all choked up....very sweet idea from her Mom, and beautiful work as always by you.

April said...

I LOVE it!! You're the best!

Ted and Lori said...

This makes me want to cry.

Duncan said...

You are a part of what to "be love" means. . . Glad I was around during the creative process that will touch so many more hearts.

Sorry about the lenghty previous comments. YOU KNOW I STILL COULD GO ON AND ON. . ! Love Dad

Xander and Alana Cole-Faber said...

What a thoughtful doll!

I would totally buy doll clothes from you to go over the ones we have with the built-in clothes. It's a great idea, and I think kids would love that. I don't think the clothes would only have to be for the naked babies.

BROWNTOWN said...

wow - got teary eyed reading your post. so awesome for that mom and especially that child to have found you..your creativity...and your kindness. wow.

Julie said...

Wonderful story. Adorable doll. Awesome Autumn!

Eryn said...

Oh, I LOVE her.

Mike said...

I am writing to ask for your permission to include your posts on AdoptionExperiences.com and include a link to your blog in our
directory. We would
include a link back to your blog fully crediting you for your work
along with a profile about you listed on AdoptionExperiences.com .
Please let us
know as soon as possible.

Mike@adoptionexperiences.com

Mike Thomas
Editor-in-Chief
AdoptionExperiences.com

Rachel Clear said...

Oh man.

Those are my only words. Oh man.

This is too beautiful for words.