Sunday, August 15, 2010

Our Annual Trip to Enchanted Forest

We made our annual trip to Enchanted Forest this weekend. It was a trip full of firsts. Mezmur's first "real" experience of EF, Rhett's first time in the Haunted House and the Log Ride, my Dad's and Aunty Anne's first trip to EF, and Rhett's first photo with Abe Lincoln.

The first sight of the witch's mouth...
Oh, the customary photo on the witch's mouth. Just like sitting on Santa's lap, we have to get the photo, sorry Mezmur. We are such mean parents.
Mezmur went in the witches mouth and slid down her hair with Dan and did just fine.

Next year Mezmur will be in prairie girl clothes next to Abe Lincoln...I hope.
Rhett thought he was hot stuff this year to hold the pretend gun. Last year he wouldn't even think about taking a photo with Abe Lincoln.
The whole crew after the Log Ride.
Fun times with Gramps/Dad.
It was a looooooooong day. Here is Mezmur just before she fell asleep while waiting for Rhett to come out of the Challenge of Mondor ride.


Until next year Enchanted Forest...

6 comments:

Christi said...

Oh my goodness...that was so fun to compare our days through pictures. That would have been weird if we hadn't seen each other and then just saw each other's blogs.

I love that Rhett posed with Abe...I didn't even dare ask my boys.

Christi said...

One more thing...kinda funny how we have similar end of the day tired pictures of our littlest.

Anne said...

Such a fun day! I thorougly enjoyed my first EF outing:) Mostly because Rhett let us ride the log ride with him.

April said...

I LOVE these pictures!

Duncan said...

My oh my. . . how sweet it was to be a part of a week of your recent blog posts and more that didn't appear in your posts. From special surprises, to hearing about Rhett's "Fish Tails" and fish fry that I missed the weekend before I came. Rhett's bug camp, his amazing piano concerts every morning, our roller coaster ride he wanted "off" in the middle of but was brave enough after to hit the log ride where we all got wet. Not to mention his profound statement "that he was sensitive because that was the way God made him". . . and thank you Rhett for taking me back through video game memory lane. Gramps loves you and loved every moment with you while I was there. . . Can't wait to hear about your first day of school. Love Gramps

Viv and Pete said...

Love all the pictures! What a wonderful day and annual event ( :