Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More Answers and Comments about the Pregnancy

My dad, "Well, it looks like you will be as big as a house again." Yes...thank you dad.


Aris, my brother, "How's the parasite? You know the creature that will be living and feeding off of you for 9 months."


No, we aren't going to find out the sex of the baby. We have NO problem referring to the baby as "it" or "the baby." Or in our case, "mung bean" and "sesame seed."


No, we will not be sharing our name choices with anyone. That's our secret. Why, because we don't want to see the look on any one's face when they disapprove or we don't want to hear about that one really mean kid in your jr. high school with that name. Trust me, the names we have in mind will raise an eyebrow...well, at least the boy name.


No, I'm not having twins...thanks for pointing out how freakishly huge I am.


I don't think I'm freakish, just huge. I like being huge and I feel better about my body when I'm pregnant than when I'm not pregnant.


Mezmur loves babies, but if a baby looks at me she will shout, "NO BABY, MY MAMA." We may be in trouble. Then again, she says the same thing about a loud truck or a spooky bug. Like the spider that was on me and bit me in the car. Thanks to the baby and our need to buy a mini van with automatic locking doors, otherwise I would've been jumping out of a moving vehicle. I tried, but I was too shaken up to figure out how to unlock the doors.
I'm not exaggerating...this was the spider. It was a Garden Orb Weaver. The body was the size of a dime.

We feel so blessed by this pregnancy. So relieved that all is going well. We waited a long time for this baby and we had a scare early on, so we do not take it for granted. I just can't believe we still have to wait 5 months to meet this baby!

15 comments:

Julie said...

Great post....way nasty spider picture. So funny about Mezmur, Ayanna is the same way.


So happy to hear that everything is going well. But feel free to send me an email with your baby name choices!!

Seeing I wasn't in on Rhett's name or Mezmur's, might as well start now. Ok, I'm kidding!

Sort of.

Ted and Lori said...

Ew that spider! Holy crap, I would have freaked out too.

And seriously: you are so not big. You are Just. Right.

Viv and Pete said...

Love this post! Hilarious (except the spider part)!!!! Can't wait to see the beautiful baby ( :

Xander and Alana Cole-Faber said...

I am not coming back here until that horrible, horrible picture is GONE. A warning would have been nice. EEK! No sleep for me tonight.

Cloverland Farm said...

fun! if konjit sees me holding another baby she is push her way into my lap and try to get closer to me than the baby is.
enjoy these days!

handfull of johnsons said...

You're going to name him Dwight, aren't you? I just know it.
I didn't even know you were pregnant!!! I need to have the time to sit and read blogs more often!! I've missed the goings on in your life for sure! The world needs more of you guys in it because you're the coolest parents on the block and you make some pretty awesome kids too. If it's a Dwight OR an Angela. I'll love the baby just the same. =-)

Christine said...

Good idea about keeping the names to yourself. People are so darn weird and nosy. How about a belly pic? That spider was hideous, awful!

lori said...

Autumn - I am sure you are beautiful! I love the look of a pregnant gal of any shape or size.

How exciting to meet a new Lapour baby in five months! It will be fun to see the new family dynamics.

That spider is ridiculous. I am sincerely impressed you didn't crash the car. I've always told my family if I have some kind of a crash, and there's no obvious explanation, consider that there was a bee or huge spider in the car.

Darbi - what's wrong with Dwight? We are seriously having that as a middle name if we ever have a son, because it was Jason's father and grandfathers' names. ha ha ha. My brother says he'll call the child, "Assistant To The Regional Manager."

dan and rachel said...

congratulations again! i also got "huge" when i was pregnant. i gained right around 45 lbs with each. but i was sick, sick, sick in the first tri, so i pretty much gained 45 lbs in 2 trimesters.

continue to enjoy it! it's such a blessing! sometimes we talk about one more bio baby but my hands are pretty full right now. i just want E to get the full attention she needs. she's still working through some anxious attachment issues...

savor every moment!

dandiesinthesunshine said...

No doubt in my mind that you are GORGEOUS (all caps intentional) and must be absolutely glowing.

As for the spider... no kidding about how I would have freaked out like nothing you have ever seen had it of been me rather than you. Like, pass out. Quit sleeping. Never get in my can again. You know, stuff like that.

BROWNTOWN said...

You are beautiful, Autumn, pregnant or not (but definitely more so prego!!))
I was huge with both boys and loved it!

As for the spider, I probably would have crashed the car and crapped in my pants. You are one tough chica!

Rachel Clear said...

I love these pregnancy updates, Autumn, just love them.

And Darbi, as soon as I read your comment, I about lost it, wondering if Lori would read it. hahahaha!

David and I both tried to talk her out of Dwight, on account of everyone who knows anything about pop culture will think of THAT Dwight, but Lori and Jason don't watch The Office, so they'll never quite REALLY know how funny it will be. :)

Autumn, you're beautiful.

Post another belly pic!

Erica said...

Lovely post. Aside from the spider. Eww.

I feel your pain on the name game. I can't wait to see what names you have picked! We do the same thing.

Congratulations on your little Mung Bean. :)

Ted and Lori said...

Gareth is better than Dwight. Just for the record.

Duncan said...

This was a great post. I'm sure the spider episode was exciting for all. Yes, it was forunate for all you weren't driving at the time. As far as the babies name I understand everything about your feelings. I'm still leaning on you're having a girl, so you are going to have to save that boy name. Well Dan was quite brave with his statement but you DO get large (in a glowing way), as far as my son's statement "no comment". . .