Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Half Way There

I'm at the halfway mark. We had our ultrasound appointment and we avoided any genitalia...the baby is still an it. The feeling I get when I think and wonder if this baby kicking me is a girl or boy is so worth not finding out. Sure, I wish I could pick out pink/blue yarn, make a gender specific quilt, and buy some cute new clothes, but this feeling of mystery is unlike any feeling I've ever had or ever will have again. Way better than Christmas.
As you can see, this baby is growing. According to the ultrasound, the baby measures an estimated 13 oz...which is 5 oz. larger that an average fetus at this week. I think I have another giant baby in there. Rhett got to be in the room during the ultrasound. He loved it. All three of us "oooed" and "awwwed" over every move, kick, hand, foot, heart beat, hand wave, mouth...
I'm reminded of this post I wrote while waiting for our court date for Mezmur...
Early on in this pregnancy there was a ton of stress. We had a scare and I was a stress ball. Now, we are through the woods. We have seen our baby move, I feel it move and kick all day long, we have proof that it is getting the nourishment it needs, I know where our baby is...I'll never forget that wait for Mezmur. Wow, it was tough. I love being pregnant. It is a little tough with two kids, but the kids are getting used to picking things up off the ground for me. I get a peaceful feeling every time I feel this baby move. It is THE BEST feeling I'll ever know. The thought that there is a living being growing, because of me, is fascinating and just the best feeling. I appreciate being pregnant so much more after our path to bringing Mezmur home.

10 comments:

Viv and Pete said...

Beautiful post...FABULOUS pictures ( :

sarah said...

20 weeks already! holy cow! i can't wait to meet baby 3. :)

Lupine said...

I sure can't read your posts with out a little tear forming in the corner of my eye! Not out of sadness, but just out of the way you describe the magic of pregnancy, and the reality of how families come to be. We can't wait for another Mez/Bina extravaganza! She will be an awesome and hilarious big sister to little baby.

lori said...

Yippppeeeeeee again and still!

Anne said...

Yay!!!! So exciting. It's going fast, huh?!

Julie said...

So so darn Awesome!
Great pictures!

Duncan said...

Indeed you are lucky and blessed. Thank you for the call the other day, it really meant and alot and I enjoyed the conversation. Would of much rather talked to you then shop for shoes. . . Really can't wait for the next family addition. Through your post and photos I could see this baby just having fun rolling and tumbling around. . . what a wonderful feeling it must be to feel that inside you. "She or he" will come to us healthy and full of joy. Special love to ALL. . . LOVE dad-GRAMPS.

April said...

YAY!!!! What a GREAT picture!!! I can't wait!!

dan and rachel said...

oh i can so relate to your post about pregnancy vs adoption. that is exactly how i felt as well.

thecoypond said...

It's funny going through pregnancy after adoption isn't it? My whole pregnancy I was thinking about our little girl's birth mother and what her experience was like. BTW... just found your blog. I met you at Bolt while in Portland and I was buying your doll pattern. I finally finished it and put pics on my blog! I think it turned out cute!