Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Second Annual Hotel Stay

I enjoyed my annual hotel stay last weekend. It was just me, two nights, my sewing machine, lots of personal projects, and no distractions...it was glorious. I finished Christmas presents, a table runner with a cute squirrel for the Thanksgiving table, did a bit of knitting, cut quilt pieces for our queen sized quilt, made Christmas morning pj pants for the kids...all in two days. I was a busy little elf.
Pieces laid out on the couch for the table runner.
Ok. So, I invited my family to go swimming and some friends joined them...I know I'm so nice. I even went out for pizza with the family...that proved to be less of a vacation for me, but the pizza was good.

Full length mirror! We don't have one of those at home.

I cut 256 tiny pieces for the quilt I've been working on for our room. I'm done cutting the little pieces and now...on to the large pieces and piecing the quilt together. I might need a couple extra hotel stays for this one...
Christmas presents...oven mitts.
Thanksgiving table runner.
Next year will be very different with three kids at home, but hopefully I can keep up with the tradition.

7 comments:

Christi said...

Oh my goodness, I love your style. And I love your belly.

Sharon said...

Your sewing is beautiful-love it!

April said...

You're so talented! And so cute with your baby belly. Happy Thanksgiving!!

dandiesinthesunshine said...

AUTUMN!! You look so dang beautiful. I'm glad there was a full-length mirror.

That table runner is GORGEOUS. As is your ability (can an ability be considered gorgeous?). I can't believe how much you got done. Oh wait, I can. Because your gorgeous. ;-)

dandiesinthesunshine said...

DANGIT. I wish I could edit posts. That should have said "you're gorgeous." So. There.

Jen said...

WHat a great idea! Two days at a hotel, to do crafts (something I miss terribly)!

Duncan said...

Hard to believe it has been a year since your last get away. I'm sure for you it seems like a year. . . at least a year!! It's like you get a years worth of projects done in two days and you even let in the "distractors". That time away is good for you. No doubting the mom and baby are healthy and happy. You look great! I will keep it at that. . . Love to ALL!