Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had a great day of giving thanks. It was a small gathering, but nothing about Thanksgiving is low key. I brined the turkey and had my first successful roasted turkey. The only other time I tried...the oven broke half way through roasting the turkey.
We had a day of cleaning, cooking, playing games, watching movies, and being thankful we have a house to clean, food to cook, and a healthy happy family.
Rhett made the place cards for everyone. He worked really hard. He drew a picture of the individual on the back of the place card.
I was pretty proud of our table setting.
The turkey was the best turkey I've ever had...sorry, Dad.
The outtakes are always more fun than the final photo...I'm supposed to squeeze in between Rhett and Aris...not as easy as it looks.

It's a good thing we are thankful everyday.

2 comments:

April said...

What a pretty table!

Duncan said...

Everything looked great. No offense taken, I'm glad the Turkey was a tastey one. I loved Rhett's name tags. Love to all.