Saturday, December 4, 2010

Done!

Finished! First this was going to be for Dan's Father's Day gift, then his birthday, but officially, it will be for Christmas. He better like it and wear it...that's all I have to say! He wears everything else I make him, so I'm crossing my fingers. I'll share a photo of him wearing it on Christmas morning. This was my first cable experience and I must say...it was easier than I expected...it just took FOR-EVER!
Mezmur couldn't believe she was seeing the big guy in "real life." I thought she would be more nervous, but what was I thinking? Not my girl!
This Santa knew just what to say! Rhett has been talking about how Santa said not to fight for the whole year and that Santa wants him to cooperate at bed time. So-far-so-good.
Rhett asked Santa for a paddle ball (you know, the wooden paddle with the rubber ball attached) and a Razor scooter. I think he will have a very good Christmas this year.

6 comments:

Ted and Lori said...

Oh my gosh, I love that picture of Mezzie's reaction to Santa! Oh, and Rhett told us too about the paddle ball and scooter. So cute.

Emma said...

That is funny, I just posted about knitting. I saw your mention before about Japanese fabric. DO you also like japanese styles? I have a knitting pattern I am hooping to start over xmas break and it is a kimono sweater

http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/knitting/yarn/BlueSkyAlpacas/BlueSkyAlpacasPatterns.asp?showLarge=true&specPCVID=7280

I can't wait to start (of course that means finishing a few other things first)

your cable sare impressive. I have only tried them on a hat. I am afaid of a whole sweater full!

April said...

So Cute!! and what a beautiful sweater. Dan will love it!

Anne said...

sweater is GORGEOUS. and of course love the pics with the kiddos...too cute!

Cloverland Farm said...

love cables! so fun. beautiful!
happy days and paddle balls!

Duncan said...

Loved the pictures. . . The one with Santa is the cutest "Santa's lap" photo I have ever seen. I loved Mezmur's look of wonder in seeing Santa. What a great captured moment. Did Dan ask Santa for a cable knit sweater? I'm sure he will love it. . .