Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rhett's First Recital

Rhett had his first piano recital last weekend. He was nervous, scared, excited, and a little giddy about the whole experience. He likes piano lessons more now that he knows what to expect at the recital. He was acting out a lot at and about his piano lessons, but now he can't wait to go...well, for now.
I wish I had better pictures...I was taking pictures really fast, because I was the only crazy mom with the camera at the front of the room.
A little back story on Rhett and the piano. He begged us for lessons...BEGGED. Finally we thought he was old enough. He has loved the piano since he was tiny. Once on a trip to the beach all he wanted to do was play the piano and make up songs with someone...instead of going to the beach to play. I'm serious...it was all he wanted to do. He was 2 1/2.
We recently acquired Dan's parents piano. Rhett has been making up his own songs. He plays the piano everyday. Not only does he make up his own songs, but he remembers them and plays them again and again. He has taught himself how to play songs too. This Mama was proud when he figured out how to play Do-Re-Mi.
Ok, enough bragging about my musical genius child...
We also saw cute kids like this one on the drums and piano...this kid was so tiny and cute on the drums.
Now, once we figure out how to upload videos again I'll share the video from his recital.

6 comments:

April said...

Rhett looks so cute!!! I can vouch that he has some awesome musical talent- I couldn't believe how well he was able to improvise with the harmonica!!

Anne said...

yay Rhett! Looks wonderful...and he looks so distinguished. Can't wait to hear his song again:)

Christi said...

That stage looks sweet! Don't worry, I will never get tired of you bragging about your boy...every kid should be bragged about.

Duncan said...

Way to go Rhett! Oh how I wish we were there. Can't wait to see the video. Stick with it kiddo you really do have a musical gift and your piano lessons will take you where you want to go with your music. Keep making music. . . Love Gramps

lori said...

Way to go, Rhett! Great shots. I bet the other parents wished they'd had your guttsiness to get up there and snap pics for posterity.

I seem to remember an interest in drumming too when we last saw Rhett... The piano is such an awesome first instrument; the theory learned is a breeze to transfer to other instruments!

Rachel Clear said...

This is awesome. Way to go, kiddo. Way to go.