Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Won!

I won and I'm so glad I did. I finished the quilt top!!! It's too bad it will probably take me another year to finish the quilt, but at least all those tiny squares are sewn into our queen size quilt. I must say...I love how it came out and I know I will love it even more when it is totally finished.

It has a very mid-century modern look to it with the solid colors and it's rings. I love that.
Now, all that is left is to make a quilt back, quilt it together with some batting, and bind it. Advice from any sewers...do I have to sew the binding on my hand to "do it right?" That alone will take me a year...
With the finish of this project I bid my sewing machine...adieu. It is safe to say I won't be needing to do any more sewing until after the baby is born, home, and settled a bit. But, as I've said before, my number one rule for myself is...to find time for myself doing what I like and make sure my kids see me enjoying these things, so tiny baby Lapour will soon see that it's Mommy has many interests.

Very soon I won't be calling it an it...according to the midwife today, "You will be having this baby tonight or tomorrow night." Well, ok.

8 comments:

il panettiere... said...

AUTUMN!!! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

I am lighting a candle for you and your little one right this minute.

keli said...

I love it! Did you design it yourself or follow a pattern? Making a quilt is definitely on my 'to accomplish someday' list. Good for you. And wow, here's to the new babe! So looking forward to seeing photos. Is it odd that I will miss the funny comments about your belly though?

Renee said...

gorgeous quilt! single girl is on my to-do list for this year!

Julie said...

So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

Autumn, you are so talented, and I am so excited for your new arrival!

Christine said...

I am SO excited to meet your little one! And I love the quilt top. My mom says you must bind by hand, what a complete drag, right? I did bind my recent table runners with my machine and I have to say that my mother is right. Damn it. :)

rachel said...

amazing! i love it!

i have bound quilts by hand and by machine and by hand looks so much better in my opinion. it doesn't take as long as you'd think. get cozy under that quilt while you nurse your baby and enjoy those meditative hand stitches! binding has turned out to be my favorite part!

blessings on your birth, if you haven't have that little one already!

Sam's mom said...

WOW that Midwife must have a crystal ball because she was spot on! Gorgeous quilt (top)