Friday, March 18, 2011

My Birthday Present

I got a new lens for my camera for my birthday! Thanks to some tips from the ever talented Christi! It makes the lighting look so much better for indoor photos. Which will be great for the first photos of tiny baby lapour while we are in the hospital and for other indoor fun. I took a photo in our dark hallway and it looked like there was a light on! Amazing. I first practiced on my little ham...who loves her photo to be taken. Rhett said, "You may never take my picture again!" That's what he thinks. He is just ornery like that lately.
See the difference? New lens...
...old lens.
Get ready for some great photos of the baby!

6 comments:

Ted and Lori said...

Ooh, I'm jealous of your new lens. Wow. I love my camera but I'm so frustrated by low-light situations. Your photos are already so good and now they're just going to be better.

Jessica said...

So...give us the details. What is this magical lens???

Elisha said...

That is great! What lens did you get? I feel like I have the same problem with mine...

Duncan said...

Oh I can't wait for a hug from all your photo subjects. . . Mezmur is an absolute doll in these pictures new lens or not. I'm sure the new lens will come in handy. . .
SEE YOU SOON!!!!-! Love dad-gamps

Mama Papaya said...

Absolutely amazing! Please, please, please share the magical lens you have uncovered. It would appear to be an absolute must for our gray days out west. And goodness have we had a lot of them lately.

Thinking of you as you you prepare to grow by one.

Christi said...

Oh man, I can tell such a difference. Just got caught up on your blog and I can't believe how clear your pictures are! Hooray for 1.8!