Friday, May 27, 2011

The Good And Bad Of Friday

A Friday tradition. One of our children loves the Rebecca Black version. The other child loves Steven Colbert's version and likes to pretend he is Taylor Hicks. Dan insists we listen to this pop sensation every Friday morning and the song remains in our head the rest of the day. I have a video of Mez singing the Friday song too...maybe I'll post it next Friday. Until then...it is your American duty to know just how bad and just how great the Friday song can be...






5 comments:

handfull of johnsons said...

At first I thought Mez might be the one that likes Steven...until I saw Taylor whip out the harmonica and I knew that would be Rhett's favorite part. That was awesome. A new favorite for us too. The boys said, "Can we get this song on our ipod?...When we get one?" Thanks for the ginormous laugh.

rachel said...

thanks for sharing! hilarious!

April said...

That's HILARIOUS!! You may have just spawned a new tradition at our house!!!

Duncan said...

Boy am I behind "the times". . . Don't know the song or two of the recording artist you mentioned. I couldn't load the video with the "good version", so will have to try later. Taylor Hicks I know and would love to see Rhett singing as Taylor with harmonica and all. Also would love to see Mezmur singing as Rebecca. I still pull up the video of her on my phone singing when I was there. Can't wait until this Friday!! Love to ALL. . .

Mis & Steve said...

Thanks for sharing Autumn. Since this blog post this song has become our Friday evening ritual with Maggie. She loves to watch Mommy and Daddy dance!