Monday, January 2, 2012

Mavis Turned Nine Months

Notice the bags under Mavis' eyes? I have the same bags. Mavis turned nine months on New Year's Eve and gave us a week and a half of hell. Sure, maybe she had the brunt of it (damn teething), but I wrapped up the week and a half with bags under my eyes and possibly less hair.

Mavis is cute now with one more tooth. Looks like she will have "fangs" on top like Rhett did.
I'm really scared that with every tooth she will have a fever for three days, not sleep (night or day), and cry all day long. Really scared. Scared, like when I was told that I had kidney stones in there that will pass "one day." One day, any day, the shoe will drop and Mavis will give us another week and a half of hell.
Here is what happens when the above happy baby hits herself in the head with the magic wand and sort of what she looked like for that week and a half.

It's a good thing she is cute and we love her.

5 comments:

rachel said...

jude had 'fangs' too and he got them right around halloween! he looked like a little jack o' lantern.

melkam ganna!

Duncan said...

Growing up fast along with growing pains. . . I remember you expressly at nine month. What I didn't know then was how fast your children grow up and how it seemed that each phase became my favorite time. Enjoy every moment, bags under your eyes and all. Love to All. . . . . You started me down memory lane with this post and your next one. Thank you.

Duncan said...

Growing up fast along with growing pains. . . I remember you expressly at nine month. What I didn't know then was how fast your children grow up and how it seemed that each phase became my favorite time. Enjoy every moment, bags under your eyes and all. Love to All. . . . . You started me down memory lane with this post and your next one. Thank you.

Faye Curtiz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faye Curtiz said...

Bringing up a child is one of the most difficult responsibilities an adult can have.

________________
Bags Under Eyes