Friday, January 27, 2012

No Batteries Please

They just don't make them the way they used to...

I love vintage Fisher Price. No batteries needed.

Mavis loves her new chime ball that I found at a thrift store this week. My kids are plenty cultured on the changes of the time...computer games, Iphone games...I mean, who would've thought your 3-year-old could watch an episode of Dragon Tails on a phone. I know, the times are-a-changin', but I've always been anti battery operated toys. Babies don't need all the bells and whistles and toys that are programed to say your baby's name. Mavis hears her name plenty from us.

Not to mention, the battery toys drive me UP THE WALL. This house if FULL of noise as it is...I don't need a creepy bear to tell me what time it is.

4 comments:

Rayna said...

We have this ball too and all the kids love it. It's funny how my 6 year olds can't get enough of the baby toys!

Brooke said...

I remember that toy from my childhood! I love it! I, too, am anti-batteries. I get frustrated when I go to buy a gift for a birthday or Christmas, and it seems everything needs batteries. Let's let kids make their own sound effects!

Duncan said...

Great photos of a happy baby. . . Timeless toys never go out of style and batteries do run out, which should stop the creepy name saying-time telling bear. . . Love to all!!!!!

Anne said...

I'm so behind on this blog!! Just spent a wonderful time catching up. The kids are so precious. I miss them...we must see you soon! Mavis is getting so big! Her cousin lucy needs to see her soon:) (Still no teeth in our baby...I hope she gets some someday.)