Friday, February 17, 2012

It's A Poop Party!

Rhett was the easiest potty trained kid. One day he said he was done with diapers and he never went back. So, obviously, I thought it was my stellar parenting skills that helped Rhett be such an easy potty trainer. I heard of stories of cutting holes in diapers to get their kids to go in the potty and stories of 5-year-olds still pooping in a pull-up. Yikes. That will not be my kid! Until...it was.

We made lots of promises and gave her many bribes. When m&ms weren't enough to get her to go in the potty...we bought a princess doll. An accidental poop drop in the kiddie potty and the princess was useless. We tried stickers and tried REALLY HARD not to shame her at all. Months later I offered a cupcake party. I told her she could have some friends over and I would make her the best tasting cupcakes she had ever had. Finally, one day...she was ready to pee in the potty! Success, but not cupcake party worthy. No. She had to poop in the potty too. A hole in the diaper...and we have poop in the potty. Unfortunately, that ended up being a one time event. A couple weeks later and an hour of Dan and I taking shifts trying to reason with her...she finally did it. POOP!

Today, she got her cupcake party. She chose a few of her closest friends and I made poopcakes. We sang, "Happy Poop Day To You." She was pretty proud. Don't forget the pee lemonade. Ivan wouldn't eat a poopcake, but he did partake in some pee.
Mezmur is so proud of herself. She tells EVERYONE about her success. She tells the cashier at the grocery store...EVERYONE. We are so proud of her and so happy to have only one kid in diapers!

I made the girls name banners for Valentine's day. I hung Mezmur's up to celebrate her success. I'll do a post about them soon...

Raise a poopcake and glass of pee to one less child in diapers at our house!

5 comments:

Posy Quarterman said...

Because I didn't adore you guys enough already, you had to go and have a poop party! Nice work, mama.

Christi said...

Where were you and your poopcakes one year ago? This is THE answer from now on for all mankind.

Stephanie said...

Ezra was almost as easy as Rhett, but Noah is a whole nother story! Maybe I need to offer him a party too.

littlethingsbigstuff.com said...

this is amazing. and what a good story + pictures to embarrass her with when she's older!

Duncan said...

Whatever it takes and you must be glad it's over. . . Yes, I agree that the "Poop-Cakes" were "one giant leap for mankind". . . only my daughter would of "thunk it". Eat your heart out Mary Stewart! I will refrain from any further comments here. . . of course I could "go" on and on. . . Love ME