Friday, June 29, 2012

Rhett Sells Bean Bags

Last night was Last Thursday.  A street fair on our neighborhood street that happens on the last Thursday of every month.  We haven't gone for years, because I don't do well with crowds.  The street fair that used to be on the sidewalks only...has become a raging street party with the street blocked off to traffic.  It was sensory overload and I could've done without "underwear guy."
 We decided it was a great idea for Rhett to set up in front of a friends house who lives a few houses off Alberta.  It was perfect.  Just enough foot traffic, friendly neighbors, and one on one guilt to sell the lemonade and bean bags.  I mean, who wouldn't want to buy goods from these two sweet boys...

Here is Rhett jugling his bean bags.
 This photo was taken after he said, "Wait!  Mom I wasn't ready!" then he posed and..."smiled"...ok.  I guess he was smiling on the inside.
 Here is Rhett's friend making a sale.
 Rhett ended up selling all 16 of his bean bags.
When I ask him what he is going to do with all the money he earned he shrugs his shoulders and says, "I'm going to just save it for now."

3 comments:

rachel said...

Save it? Whoa, what a kid! It reminds me of that study of the kids who could wait for the researcher to come back before eating the marshmallow, thus getting two marshmallows. And those kids later in life had all sorts of positive outcomes. Way to go, Rhett!

Duncan said...

Way to go Rhett ! ! ! I may need a loan the next time I'm in town and then he can learn about compound interest, quite the business tycoon he is. He needs to invent some original game with the bean bags. I'm curious to see how he does on fulfilling his order we talked about today. Keep me posted. The lemonade was a good idea, I wonder who's idea that was! ? Did Mom keep the profits on the lemonade. . . I loved your comment about the smile in the the photo. Love to all!!!!!

Ankit Sachdeva said...

This is a very nice and good blog to give me a good content information.I like this.Thanks for this.......

Bean Bags